First Entry

Dear Diary,

I should probably introduce myself, I'm Reijah Aizawa and today was my first day at UA! I got into UA through a special recommendation, like 4 others in my year, obviously because of my dad (Mr Aizawa or Eraserhead) one of the UA teachers. People might think that I got special treatment or whatever, but I can assure you I did not, Dad doesn't believe in special treatment. He says it raises quitters and I should always be enough to face any situation with my merit and training.

Everyone's always talking about quirks (especially since one: I'm in the Hero Course and two: like 80% of the population have them), my quirk is called total darkness. I can manipulate shadows and even produce some (though that's a lot harder and it always gives me a headache). If you're finding it hard to picture just imagine water bending from Avatar but with shadows ... of course. Like water benders can turn water into ice, I can harden the shadows into their solid form, Dark Matter. I should add that since I feel like shadows moving my quirk also works like echolocation, I can sense movements in the shadows. It's pretty useful, but also highly annoying. The shadows closest to me have more clarity and I can make out individual people and things, but as it reaches the edge of my influence the shadows become more like indiscriminate blobs.

Anyways back to my first day, I have 19 other classmates and all together we make up Class 1-A. My first opinions of my classmates were varied. I'll do a run-through in our class order.

Seat 1: Toru Hagakure. Her quirk is invisibility, she's basically floating clothes. Honestly, for the life of me, I spent the majority of the day trying to figure out how the fuck she passed the normal entrance exam (fighting robots). Like sure it's useful for stealth and information gathering but she's got no attack potential at the moment.

Seat 2: Mina Ashido, her quirk is acid. She produces acid. I really like Mina, she's energetic and friendly. I feel like she doesn't take things seriously enough though. Although, I don't understand what her horns are for, do they work? Better hearing? They've gotta have a purpose right?

Seat 3: Tsuyu Asui (Sue), she's a frog. Wonder what type of frog, would different frog species change her quirk? She's okay, it's not that I don't like her, it's just she's a little bland. Also, is her saying ribbit part of the quirk or just like a vocal thing she's picked up because of what her quirk is?

Seat 4: Tenya Iida, he's got engines in his legs. It makes him super speedy. Kinda like Sonic not going to lie. Although, I have got to point out he's got actual engines in his legs. I wonder if they impact his muscles and blood vessels at all. Anyways, he's great. A little serious but he's smart and tenacious.

Seat 5: Ochaco Uraraka her quirk is zero gravity. She makes things float. Honestly, an amazing quirk. I mean the practical applications alone. She's really nice and sweet. I'm like 80% sure she's got a thing for Midoriya.

Seat 6: Mashirao Oijiro, he's got a super powerful tail. He's quiet so I don't really have a great read on him yet.

Seat 7: Denki Kaminari, he's a typical electric type (like Pikachu). He's a shameless flirt but if you ignore him hitting on you then he's actually a decent guy. He'll probably be a lot of fun to hang out with.

Seat 8: Eijiro Kirishima. His quirk is hardening, he can turn parts of his body rock-hard. He's probably my favourite out of the boys from first meeting them. Chivalrous is the word I'd use to describe him.

Seat 9: Koji Koda, honestly I'm drawing a blank. He doesn't talk at all, I had to keep reminding myself that he existed. Very quiet, definitely shy.

Seat 10: Rikido Seto, he consumes sugar to make him stronger. It's a pretty good quirk but imagine the dental bills down the line. We didn't really interact much but he seems like a decent person.