New beginnings

Cody

WHAT?!.. Oh, it was just a dream. Again. I've been trying to remember who this person was but I can't put my finger on it. This is the first time I've seen them, even if it was just their hand... in mine..

My name is Cody and today marks a new beginning for me. Well it's really just the start of my senior year but I want to start anew. Get my grades up and career path chosen, and maybe find the person in my dreams? Probably not. But maybe..?

I head to my first class and try to remember a face but I can't. I take a quick look at my classmates and sit down at a desk next to the window. There's a boy in a sweater vest next to me reading a book, could it be him? The skin color is really similar and he is pretty cute.

"Uh hi, my name is Cody, and you are?"
"..."

Did he just ignore me? Maybe he couldn't me or something. Class is going to start soon so I'll just try to make a good first impression and pay attention.

After class

That class felt like eternity, least it's over now. I wonder if I can talk to that kid from class again. Where is he anyway? Whatever I'll just go to my next boring class.

Some tall girl and blue haired girl walk in and sit in front of me. They seem nice but a bit intimidating.

H - "Hey new kid, name's Heather."

G - "Hi, i'm Gwen."

C - "Oh hello there, my name is Cody, nice to meet you two."

H - "Wanna sit with us at lunch? There'll be other people but it'll be fine."

C - "Uhh I'm not really sure yet, I mean I just met you guys so.."

H - "Don't worry, during lunch we'll introduce ourselves properly to you"

T (Teacher) - "Is there a problem here Heather?"

H - "No ma'am"

T - "Good. Now back to work."

Heather lets put an exasperated sigh and I chuckle to myself a bit. Maybe this school year won't be so bad after all.

After class (again)

H - "Ugh im so hungry, let's go find a good seat quickly."

C - "How about that table over there?"

I point to a table at random not realizing the boy from class is sitting there reading. Heather goes and gets her lunch and I decide to talk to Gwen for a bit until she comes back.

C - "Can i ask you a few questions Gwen?"

G - "Of course Cody, what is it?

C - "First, who is that kid and does he always just read?"

G - "The kid in the sweater vest? That's Noah, he's really smart and snarky. He's cool but..."

C - "But what?"

G - "Since last year he's been acting different, I can't explain it but I think his friends might be able to. Izzy, the crazy redhead, knows him best but I suggest asking Owen, at least he won't try to kill you. He's extremely sweet and kind."

C - "Quite a contrast to Izzy's craziness and Noah's snarky-ness huh?"

G - "Yeah."

We continue eating and Heather arrives at our table with a few others.

H - "Cody this is Lindsay, Trent, Alejandro and Duncan."

C - "Hi, I'm Cody."

C2 (Courtney) - "DUNCAN! There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you, look at what I found on your phone!!"

D - "YOU WENT THROUGH MY PHONE?!"

I was about to step in and try to stop them from making a scene but Trent tells me not to get involved.

Yeah I'm doing this for the 5th time. Fun. I'm also drawing little bits of this story which may be added but don't take my word for it.