Fields of Flowers and Flares

Gage's eyes opened to a new morning. They yawned, turning over and seeing Alex's nose in their face. "Great heaven and periodic tables!" They screeched, expecting Alex to be in the top bunk. Alex sprung awake. "Gagey! What is it? Are you okay?" Alex hugged the slightly frightened nerd tightly. "I believe I am, I was not expecting to see your nasal first thing this morning." Gage explained, calming Alex down. "Oh, right. Did you like it though?" Alex pleaded. Gage turned their head up, looking at her. "Sure." They smiled. Madeline knocked on the door. "Is everything all right in there?" She asked, concerned about Gage's nerdy yelling. "Precisely! I just woke up and had a fright!" Gage said. "Oh, okay. Make sure to get ready soon, we have another long ride today." Madeline moved away from the door, preparing breakfast for all of the members.

The two got themselves ready for the day, exiting their room and hanging out with the other awake members. The chaos group instantly fought to sit next to Gage, having to be torn apart by their cabin mates. Madeline came over, placing a tray of many breakfast options on the coffee table. "Dig in!" She said, grabbing a slice of avocado toast for herself. Everybody else grabbed a small portion, eating their breakfast. Madeline fed a small strip of bacon to Winnie, who had been giving her the puppy eyes for the past few moments. Once they had finished, they all complimented the meal, then headed their way outside. Everyone caught their horses, tying them up once their halters were applied, and tacking them up. 

"Okay, there is not a path leading the way this time, so you have to follow me and Capellini. Don't stress too much about getting lost though, Winnie will help try to keep your horses near us." Madeline warned. "Everyone ready?" She asked as the final students mounted their Friesians. Everyone signalled that they were ready to ride, and they all started walking in the direction of a mountain that could be seen from afar. The short grass barely reacted to the wind that flew past the free paddock. There were a few lone trees that stood out in the open. Fries glanced at a tree, seeing a few fallen sticks. They quickly looked at the other members, slowing Nova down. They then trotted over towards the tree, picking up a long stick and trotting back with the group.

Nova started speeding back, and Fries held the stick like a jousting lance, charging towards Zari and jabbing the stick into her. "I- What was that for?" She questioned the feisty class clown. "Jousting!" Fries declared. Mysie rolled her eyes and tried to drag Silver C away from the group to prevent herself from getting targeted. "Oi, you stupid hammock-faced counter! Let us get sticks too, you're being unfair!" Tien demanded, riding Florian to another tree and grabbing a twig that was on the ground. The other students did the same, Madeline confused about the activity as Mysie rode alongside her, hoping to not get involved. Winnie was running around with all of the horses, hoping to catch a stick if one fell. Madeline laughed, seeing Winnie so excited and the students having fun together.

The chaos group and Hippo were going crazy, galloping into each other and stabbing their friends with sticks. Alex directed Gloria to Prancer, getting ready to attack the nerd. Gage noticed her coming straight toward them, they prepared their own branch, defending themselves from Alex's tactic. Alex's arm scraped against Gage's stick, creating a long but subtle scratch along it. "Bloody hell, my apologies! Are you all right?" Gage asked, throwing their stick behind them as Winnie caught it. Alex stared at the scratch once she halted Gloria into place, inspecting it. "Yeah, it wasn't that bad." She reassured as it started to slightly bleed. "Are you sure?" Gage questioned, unaware of Cassie coming up behind them both. "Yep." Alex wiped the drops of blood from her arm.

Suddenly, Nyx came in between Prancer and Gloria, spooking the two away from each other. Cassie pouted, realising she completely missed and didn't hit anyone with her stick, aiming for some of the other members instead. Alex managed to calm Gloria down quickly, and galloped back to the other students to joust more. Prancer was storming around the area aimlessly in a frightened state. Gage tried some tricks to slow him down, failing. They pulled his left rein to their hip, circling a small patch of the grass. Prancer continued to swish his tail until he stopped pinning his ears, and lowering his gait to a walk. Gage pat him and evened out their hands again, relieving Prancer from his spook.