Maddison

I could only sit on the couch and watch as my father bled out in front of me.

"We have to call the cops." I announced but Morgan shook her head.

"No fucking way, I'm not going to jail for protecting y'all." She argued. "What if we just drop him off at a park bench or something?" She suggested.

"No way!" I argued, he was still our father whether we liked it or not.

"He's not dead. Morgan, go get my needle and thread!" My mother demanded, Morgan and I looked at each other then back at her. "Now!" She exclaimed and Morgan ran up the stairs.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked, my mother didn't break eye contact with the ground.

"I'm gonna sew him up and call the cops." I shook my head as she spoke.

"You can't just send him to jail! He's your husband." She stood up and put her bloody hands on my shoulders.

"He just tried to kill you; he deserves to go to jail." I shook my head, and she cupped my face. "Maddy, I know he's your dad, but he needs help and the only way that he'll get it is if he goes." Morgan ran down the stairs with the sewing kit, she handed it to my mom and looked at me. "Morgan, I need you to hold him down, but be careful." They shared a look with each other, a look that I've never seen before. I saw a black bag sitting on the floor by the door. The bag that they came in with, I opened the bag and there was only one thing in it.

"Holy shit, who's pregnant?" They shared that same look, but this time Morgan shared that look with me. "Oh my god." She looked back down at my father's body; he only flinched a couple of times. He was too weak to move let alone feel any pain. I sat back on the couch with my mouth covered, I couldn't wrap my head around everything that was going on at once. It felt like the world stopped and everything was moving in slow motion.

"Maddison, call the cops." My mother announced, I could only see her lips moving but I couldn't make out what she was saying. It sounded like the static of the TV when it's on the wrong channel but worse. I took a deep breath; my chest was tight, and I felt like something was crushing me. I felt someone grab my hand. Morgan sat beside me and held my hand as I shook.

"Look at me, look at my eyes." I looked at her eyes and she nodded. She tried to calm me down, but I couldn't feel anything.

"You tried to kill our dad." I muttered. She tried to kill someone who meant a lot to me. He wouldn't have hurt me, he loved us. He would've never hurt us; it was just to scare us. "He wouldn't have hurt us." I cried as I let go of her hand.

"Maddy, that's the same thing I said back at that apartment." I shook my head, and I pushed her away from me. I pushed her off the couch and her head hit the coffee table, and her eyes closed.

"Maddison, what the hell did you do?" My mother screamed at me. I covered my ears; her yells pierced my ears.

"Stop fucking yelling, please just stop!" I yelled, I felt a sharp pain in my head and my thoughts kept filling my mind. My mother bent down and sat Morgan up.

"Hey, it's okay. Easy, you hit your head pretty hard." Morgan sat up and we locked eyes.

"You're a bitch for that." She announced as she laughed. She always knew how to make a joke out of every situation, and that's one of the things that I hate about her.

"And you almost killed our father, you're a bitch for that." She rolled her eyes as I spoke. She turned to our mother.

"Did you call the cops?" Our mother nodded and Morgan stood up. She gave me a dirty look and walked to her bedroom. I took a deep breath, and I couldn't wrap my head around what I did. I hurt my sister just because I was mad at her.

"Mom, I don't know what happened. I didn't mean to push her." My mother nodded and sat beside me.

"Sometimes when our emotions are so powerful, we act on them. She'll be alright, she just needs to relax." I nodded as I sat there, a part of me was sorry, but a bigger part of me knew that she deserved it.