Open and Shut case!

Ben's POV: -

"It's almost always the partner. That's all I am saying." Ben said while wearing his silk white gloves that clung to his skin. He pushed the crime scene tape up and entered the house.

The blood etched from one source of the body, it was pungent now, his eyes were lifeless, monochrome, and dull while his skin was frosty cold.

Ben wore his usual bright blue jumper, it didn't matter if it was the middle of the night he was ready for work. It brought him back to life after his nasty divorce. He lost his house, his wife, everything. The only thing going for him was his work, he wanted to be commissioner, which meant solving the cases as fast as he could and getting more guilty people in prison. More, the merrier.

"Yeah, but on the day of the engagement, it's too fast. First, bring me that fiancee!" That was Maggie or Mags everyone liked to call her, she was the boss, first in line to become commissioner.  She had an instinct for these kinds of things, AND BEING THE DAUGHTER OF A VERY PROMINENT COMMISSIONER didn't hurt her chances. 

She had worked side by side with Ben for almost half a decade yet she was the first in line and he wasn't. It bruised his ego more than he cared to admit. So, he did he planned to do what he had plotted since the last year, get a humongous case and solve it before her. If he did that,  there was no way she would get the job before him. She was the boss but that didn't mean he couldn't run out or follow his leads. And this was his case; he could feel it pumping through his veins, a high-profile murder, the only possible witness/killer his fiancee. Unknown until she met him, fell for his money and when he decided not to give it to her, she killed him. Open and shut case he thought. 

This will be easy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An injustice has occurred. It's time to right some wrongs. You want the culprit, Find the motive.

-Enola Homes