Chapter XXXIII - Epilogue

Roselea's POV

As we looked back at the mirror that would cross us to our world, I felt a little heartbroken that I would not see the other Jareth and Sarah. But I knew we had to get home.

"Take care of yourselves, Sarah and Jareth. I want to hear all about your adventures!" I said, tears in my eyes.

Jareth walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"Don't cry, Roselea, you can see us again. As long as you keep this mirror. We can tell you all kinds of stories when the Crystal Moon rises again."

"But it's like I'm losing family even though you are from a different reality."

"You aren't losing anyone, Roselea." Jareth then looked like he had a spark of inspiration. He let go of me and ran off. He then came back with a little rectangular necklace box in his hand.

He handed it to me gently and gestured me to open it.

The necklace was absolutely beautiful. A breathtaking sight to behold. The golden chain glistening out of the box and attached was a pendant with a rainbow of many colors. The colors shifted with the light.

"This is gorgeous, Jareth. But why would you show this to me now?" I asked and with a tear in his eye he bent down to my eye level.

"This is from when I tried to create my own daughter. However, I never got the spell right and the only thing left of that spell was this pendant. I've held onto it for many years, not sure what I would do with it." He looked at me with his eyes so genuine.

"I think this should go with you. As I've said before, you are like a daughter to me and I think this necklace symbolises that."

I looked down at the box and then back up to Jareth.

"It would be an honor to wear this, Jareth. I will wear it every day!" I said as I took it out of the box and gestured for Jareth to help me put it on.

He brushed my hair away from my neck and clasped the necklace. As I turned about he looked at me with happiness.

I felt his magic still surging through this necklace. The magic was not gone out of here. It was sealed in this pendant. I smiled as I held the pendant in my hand.

"Your magic is coursing through this. I can feel its hope and determination." I said and he gave me one final hug.

"Until we meet again, take care of yourself, Roselea." He said to me as he broke away from our hug.

"Take care of yourselves, Jareth and Sarah! I want to hear all about your adventures." I said as I grabbed ahold of my father and Sarah and we lept through the mirror.

As we walked into our reality, I could feel the magic of my home coming to me as if it was greeting me back.

We then stepped into the throne room and I knew I was home. We all looked back at the mirror and saw all of our new friends waving back at us. We waved back.

"Take care of yourselves, Edens." Was the last words spoken until the mirror became a mirror again. Our reflection was staring at us again. I looked at my tear soaked face and then looked at the new pendant around my neck. I could still feel his magic in the pendant which comforted me. I knew I would eventually see them again.

I looked back at my father and Sarah and they both came over to give me a hug.

"It's great to be back." My father said and Sarah and I both agreed.

Then we broke away and my father smiled at me. I smiled back at him and then ran over to Sarah to give her a big hug.

"We can keep Sarah, right?" I asked and my father chuckled.

"As long as she wants to stay here."

Sarah looked up at my father and smiled back.

"I would love to stay here with you and Roselea."

We were like one big happy family. Sarah let go of me and went over to my father. My father and maybe one day my future mother kissed each other.

It was like something out of a story book.

"Jareth and Sarah Everild was right... my father would find love in Sarah." I whispered to myself as the sun was setting in our Labyrinth we called home.

Author's Note:

Hello Everyone!

Thank you again for hanging in there for the conclusion of this very fun and experimental novel of ours. A LONG time ago, this was just a fun way for me and to get to know one another and also just a fun experiment we did together because of our love for Labyrinth. Our lives have changed so much since this book and has blossomed into a beautiful friendship that would not have been possible without the internet. Maybe we will collaborate again another time but we haven't planned for that yet. Instead, we might branch off into our own respective novels for awhile. Maybe one day we will return together but for now this is a nice neat bow for this little collaboration. I want to thank my co-author for the lovely friendship we have created and for co-writing this book with me. It was a fun journey. I would also like to thank all of the readers of this story. For sticking out for the giant long hiatus we took as our personal lives got very hectic. Anyways, thank you again and I hope to see you in my next story that will be published very soon!

-KatarinaTheSaiyan