Goodbye LA

DO NOT READ THIS ITS EXTREMELY OLD AND CRINGE, READ COLLIDE INSTEAD.

I can't tell you what love is, or what love feels like.

"Please stay Madeline." She begged, tears in her big blue eyes, this was the night I left I think about it almost daily, it was the thing that led me to my fate

"Jess I promise I'll be back for you" I heard my parents door open and I gave Jess a quick hug, I looked back at her one last time her face flooded with tears made my heart burst into a million flames almost like it was being ripped out and stabbed at the same time.

"Madeline no dont leave!" She screamed as I opened the door i felt the cool night air, I felt regret go down my throat. i felt terrible leaving her I really did but i escaped and she will too.

As I walked down the porch I looked at my childhood home which filled me with sadness remembering how many times I wished to be doing what I was doing now.

I took a deep breath before looking back, i shook off the nervous feeling of leaving.
I ran down my hill, as fast as I could not looking back this time. My best friend Emily was waiting for me, I jumped in her car and she was blasting Britney Spears

"How'd it go with Jess?" She asked before turning down her music

"Just get me to an airport." I said

"Holy shit, are you leaving, leaving?" She asked. she turned her music completely down, and she began to pull away, it was silent apart from the noise of her blinking left turn signal.

My heart felt soar, I didn't want to leave but they shouldn't hold me back, I nodded looking into my lap she didn't say anything she just pulled into a gas station and she looked at me her green eyes filled with sadness and tears begging to fall down her porcelain skin.

"Just give me awhile and I'll move with you as soon as I turn 18" she said, I reached my hand down to hers and tilted my head

"I'll be waiting" I said she gently wrapped her arms around me and I inhaled at her warmth, she always smelt like fresh strawberries which invited me in to her presence, she began to pull out of the gas station after a few minutes of cold dead air.

"Where are you even gonna go?" she said cranking her music up, I looked at her and admired her face she had long blonde hair and a few dark freckles around her jawline, she had a slight bump in her nose she was skinny, she just had the most perfect body I knew I would never be as pretty as her and that pained me everyday.

"Brooklyn." I said I'm a monotone voice, She smiled and reached in the back and grabbed two bottles, she handed me one and I smiled as she opened it for me.

"To your last night in a shitty town" she clanked our bottles together and began driving down the road fastly, windows down wind blowing in our hair, I was gonna miss this I really was.

As we arrived at the airport she got out of her car and hugged me tightly

"I'll be there as soon as I can, okay?" She said to me while tears streamed down her soft rosy cheeks.

"Of course" as we pulled away the cold air made my body crave her warmth for the last time, she nodded getting into her car waving to me as she started driving farther and farther, As I walked away I remembered every memory of the people who made my life worth living, I was going to live for them
I was never very good at saying goodbye.

I entered the airport and gave them my ticket as I got on board I looked out the window and took a deep breath, I was finally free, I hopped onto my laptop and began searching for apartments, I found one a 2 bedroom townhouse within my budget. Since Emily didn't live with me yet I began looking for a roommate.

***