⚜ Chapter One ⚜

The Nightfall pack has been around for centuries and is considered to be one of the most powerful and well-recognized packs to exist. To humans, they're known as the town 'West Bend'; a secluded and ominous community. 

It was a popular tourist spot because of the attractive locals that lived there, but it was common for werewolves to be more defined and advanced physically than that of a human. Werewolves also typically age much slower than that of a human, some lasting a century or more.

Viktor Ferrell has been running his pack almost all his life, debuting as alpha back in the 1940s. He upholds his reputation as stern and ruthless, always putting his pack first before anything else. Viktor values honesty and loyalty within the pack, rendering them to be much stronger than the other packs who focus solely on brute strength or economies.

Sherrif Viktor isn't just known for his status, but for the striking appearance that captivates all who cross his path. Standing tall and broad-shouldered, he possesses a powerful and athletic build that showcases the fruits of his dedication and strength. The role of an alpha makes him appear larger than the average werewolf man, therefore he stands out significantly. His presence is magnetic, drawing the eyes of both admirers and envious onlookers alike. His most distinctive feature is his hair, which cascades in waves of shimmering silver, akin to the glistening light of the moon on a clear night. Beneath his silvery hair, his eyes gleam like pools of liquid gold. 

The pack was amidst the crisp winter in the Foothills of Denver. The mountains of Colorado were populated with many packs, as most humans couldn't stand the dry air, icy winds, and frozen walls. Werewolves are known to have abnormally warmer temperatures, so the cold didn't bother them as much as it did humans.

West Bend wasn't known to put themselves in the spotlight; they were a quiet and peaceful town that didn't bother to make themselves known on maps. And many times there were little to no crime rates in their area. At least, until unfortunate news reached them:

Rachel Smith: Daughter of Senior Beta Smith, was declared missing.

It's been an entire week since the younger sister of Beta Henry has gone missing. And the pack has grown restless ever since.

"We will find her," Viktor announces to his pack councils. "I assure you; we have never failed to track down our members."

One of the members perked up from the table, "But, Alpha, what if the human police get involved?"

Viktor growls slowly, not liking the thought of it, "They won't. I'll be sure of it."

Viktor's Gamma says, "We have everything under control, my friends. We'll find Henry's sister soon enough. No harm will come to her so long as we're working day and night."

Gamma Jason Wolfe is a tall, pale man with light brown hair and captivating green eyes. His character has an aspect that holds a certain gentleness, and his kind features radiate an aura of compassion and understanding. Renowned for his peacemaking disposition, Jason effortlessly brings solace to troubled souls and fosters unity in divided realms. These are one of the main factors that Viktor chose to honor his pack beside him.

The council members scattered around the room, talking amongst themselves as the meeting came to an end. Jason notices Viktor looming over the table, staring hard down at documents full of Rachel's information.

He approaches his alpha quietly, "We'll find her, Viktor."

"I know," His eyes closed, "I just can't help but feel this is my fault."

Jason's lip turns down into a frown and he curtly pats Viktor's shoulder before he leaves, "It isn't."

Viktor lets out a deep sigh as he inspects the photograph of Rachel before him. Long, sandy blonde hair fell down her shoulders like a gentle sunlit wave, adding a touch of warmth to her otherwise fair complexion. Her piercing blue eyes, reminiscent of the clearest skies, were a striking resemblance to her family's line of Betas known for their icy gaze. The teenage girl was rather slender for the average she-wolf, and some would have considered her the omega if it weren't for her Beta descent.