17|| Hyperion

Camp Half-Blood
Percy/Omega's POV
We rush out of the pavilion and into the forest to fight Hyperion and his army. Naturally, the team spreads out to fight the monsters while I go 1 on 1 with the big guy. Why is Hyperion attacking right now? I've got no idea. But we have to suck it up and fight in order to keep the campers alive.

Speaking of the campers, we hear a battle cry followed by all the campers running out to fight the monsters. Sure it's what their trained for, but our job is to keep them safe and them running into battle isn't helping our case. One things for certain, I'm not wasting my energy to heal any of them. I've gotta focus on the fight.

I run forward to meet Hyperion face to face and he is just standing there looking smug. I roll my eyes and run towards him, Riptide in hand. I'm really not in the mood for this, so let's just stab him with riptide and get it over with. I run up and start fighting with him, but I'm trying to figure him out. Reading the moves of someone you haven't fought in a while is harder than they say.

We fight for a few minutes and I start to understand what he does, and I do the opposite. Sure my defense is good, but I'm more of an offense person so I overpower him. We fight for a few more minutes, and I'm reading him pretty good until he comes out of left field and does something I don't expect. He punches me so hard I go flying back into a tree. I hit it so hard that my head goes flying forward causing my hood to come off.

At this point, I'm still protected by the mist, but any wrong move my identity is for everyone to see. That's the least of my problems though. I run back up to Hyperion and go 10x harder on him. I easily overpower him, but he does something that I least expect. Instead of attacking me, he just waves his hand by me causing the mist to disperse.

I stab Hyperion with riptide and send him into the void. I turn around to see everyone's eyes on me including my teams. They have the look in their eyes that's saying 'what the fuck do we do now?". And I'd be lying if I said I knew the answer.

"This is just splendid!" I say sarcastically

A few minutes earlier:
Annabeth's POV
We were all eating lunch and talking as usual, until we heard massive booms in the distance. All the chatter died down, and we all looked to the assassins for what is happening. They all look as confused as everyone else until Omega closed his eyes.

"What's happening?" Blade asks

"It seems we are under attack." Omega says

"By who?" Star asks

"Hyperion." He says "Suit up, let's go."

They all flash into their assassin outfits, and run out to fight Hyperion. We all look to each other and come to a mutual understanding that we should help. We all hurry to get our weapons to help the team in the battle. We gather all of our stuff and run out to see hundreds of monsters being led by Hyperion. Better get to work.

We all run into battle and start fighting every monster that we come across, as the team tries to neutralize the major threat. My only question is, why did they know about Prometheus but not Hyperion? That's kinda suspicious if you ask me. I shake all of those thoughts when a group of hellhounds start to attack me.

I tighten my grip on my daggers and stare at them until they charge me. One at a time the run up and attack me, but i lunge out of the way. I swing my dagger at it and put a nice gash into its side, but it doesn't back off. I slash at the hellhound, but it doesn't back off, and it doesn't die. A few minutes of fighting later, I'm backed up against a tree with 4 hellhound growling at me.

I'm certain that I'm not getting out of this, but right when they were about to attack, Star came and killed all 4 with 1 swing. She looks at me and says, "Careful kid." Before running away.

I meet up with some of my sisters, and we continue to fight monsters for about 10 minutes. We are out of breathing heavy while being overwhelmed by monsters, but stopped in our tracks when we hear a bellow from Hyperion. I look up to see him fading into gods knows where, but keep fighting the monsters at hand.

I fight a good handful of monsters and look around to see no more. I look to my fellow campers and see them all looking towards something. Or someone. I turn my attention to who they are looking at and my heart stops.

He looks almost exactly like I remember. His jet black hair and his strong jaw line. His eyes were no longer the deep sea blue that I loved but a solid gold. He had a scar running from the top left of his forehead to just below his right eye. Though some of his features were different, this is the one man I would never forget.

We all stood in silence as he looked towards none other than the biggest betrayer in history. There was no doubt in anyone's mind about who he was.

"Well this is just splendid!" He says sarcastically

We were staring at none other than Percy Jackson.

~

Uh oh! What's gonna happen now?! I wonder🧐. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's kinda a short one, but I didn't want to put it together with the next chapter. I hope you guys have a wonderful day! Bye my lovessss!

I do not own PJO or HoO nor do I own the cover art!

Words: 1010