Lost

Elena woke up, she turned her head to the side noticing Tom sleeping next to her, she gently brushed her hand against his soft check, she was so grateful for him . (Snap out of it Elena, you can't like him, not him)

Elena put on her clothes and rushed out of the twins house. She managed to find her way back home. She felt bad for leaving Tom like that but she needed him out of her mind. She didn't want to fall for him, not him. She rushed inside her home. Her dad didn't even care where she was, who she was with and if she was returning home or not. He just sat there looking at the TV eating his frozen meal.

Elena rushed to her room. She got changed into fresh new clothes wearing a hoodie and some sweat pants. She wanted to stay home today, away from school, Tom and her dad. She wanted to be alone. To think

She closed her eyes laying down on her bed. The fresh smell of vanilla filled her lungs. Her favorite smell was vanilla. Seconds later Elena fell asleep

She woke up to someone calling her, pulling her phone out of her pocket she checked who it was. 5 missed calls from Tom, and one missed call from Bill. She felt quilt rise up her body. She didn't know why but all she could think of right now was to call Tom.

"Hey Elena, where are you? Are you okay? Why did you leave? Did I do something wrong" Tom spoke, feeling nervous more and more as silence filled the room.

Elena didn't know how to respond

"Hey, Tom, I'm sorry I left so unexpectedly, I just needed to clear my head of you- i mean not in that way I-" Elena got interrupted with Tom

"Right, Elena, I understand, if you don't feel the same way I understand, I can't force something on you, so if that's the way you feel about me, not wanting me in your life than be it. Goodbye" Tom hung up

Tears started rolling down Elena's eyes, she sat there on her bed, processing what had just happened.

She lost him. She lost Tom.

~

The next day Elena had woken up in a mess. Mascara smudged all over her face, her hair messy, her eyes red and puffy.Elena didn't want to go to school that day but she needed to. She couldn't let Tom stop her. She got up dragging herself off her bed and sitting at her vanity. She started slowly putting on makeup. She didn't wear much makeup today, just some concealer under her eyes to hide the puffiness and redness on them. She also put on some eyeliner and mascara. She didn't want to look horrible after all. Her outfit was simple. Usually she would pick out an outfit that everyone had eyes for. But not this time. She wore a jean short skirt along with a hoodie. She brushed her hair and straightened it, adding some shine to it.
She was ready for school.

She walked through the doors of hell. She so did not want to be there.

Toms POV

There she was, Elena had just entered through the school doors, walking proud and brave. I had my eye on her. I could tell I had an affect on her because today she didn't dress up or style her hair the way she usually does. I immediately felt guilty.

I wanted her, I wanted every part of her

But I knew there was nothing I could do. The damage was done. I ended things and that's how it was going to be. That's how it has to be.

Elena's POV

I felt Toms eyes shooting bullets through me. I could feel him staring at me. I didn't look at him, I didn't want too. I didn't want him to know that there was a chance between us. I wanted him gone, forever.

I hated him..