CHAPTER 28 : GOODMORNING

Devaine woke up with the sunlight hitting her face. She opened her eyes and saw a sparkling ceiling, so shiny it can be a mirror. It was decorated with a big ass chandelier that lights up the room so bright.

" Goodmorning my lady. "

Devaine quickly turned her head towards where the voice came from as it sounds familiar to her. She saw Lena standing on the veranda and watering the potted flowers.

" Goodmorning Lady. Please drink this lemon water before we assists you in changing clothes. The Grand Duchess is calling you for breakfast. "

Daphne said as she entered the room. She put down the tray on the bed side table before giving Devaine the cup of lemon water.

___________________

" How ? Why? "

The two servants had finished dressing up Devaine before she could process everything. She had just woken up and was not on her right state of mind that she can't process directly.

Lena and Daphne laughed before answering the confused Devaine. Daphne told her about how she begged the grand duke to take her too and not just Lena. She also said that she would probably harass Lena's family until they call Lena to take her away if the grand duke did not allow her to go.

Devaine looked at herself in the mirror. She is wearing a purple sleeveless dress with small strap that makes a ribbon on top of her shoulders. Lena and Daphne tied a ribbon on her waist to make it fit as they have not yet ordered some customized dress for her so all her dress now is all ready to wear ones.

The dress had a very soft fabric and had white beads aligned like diamonds occupying the whole top. On the bottom though, it had lots of small white flowers that looked like snowflakes. She never dressed like this. Yet she really liked the design. She now realizes that maybe the dressmaker in the capital is just too bad at making clothes.

Lena and Daphne escorted Devaine towards the dining hall and opened the door before her.

Instead of grumpy siblings and nonchalant father, Devaine was welcomed with noises of bickering from the people in the table.

" Good morning dear. "

The Grand Duchess greeted her as she was the one who noticed her entering the hall. With white hair and green eyes, she looked like her mom but the older and more sophisticated person. Though Devaine remember her having a warm smile when they dine together yesterday. Only two of them as the Grand Duchess told her that the Grand Duke and her sons are busy with something. I guess Devaine knew what they did yesterday upon seeing some of her things from the old house in her room earlier.

The Grand Duke relaxes his eyebrows after seeing his granddaughter. He was stressed earlier from watching her sons and their children fighting.

Astero, with white hair like the grand Duchess and red eyes like the duke's was nagging his third son, after knowing he didn't attend his class again today.

Adrian, who was talking with his son loudly as they were arguing about his son wanting to learn arts instead of swordmanship or bow.

The Duke wave his hand and signal Devaine to come near as he shoo away Astero and give her his seat to Devaine. The oldest glared at him before standing up and shooing his sons away too.

All the expected people are present with the grand duke sitting on the middle. On his right side is the grand duchess, Adrian, Evanica (his wife) and his only son, Clint. On the Duke's left side, is Devaine, Astero, His wife, Winter and his three sons, Wester, Ezekiel and Ethaniel.

The servants now served the food upon knowing that all people were now in the dining hall. The grand duke had not yet allowed the food to enter while waiting for Devaine earlier.

Devaine quickly raise her head to see who was serving when she saw a pie very identical to how the pies where made in the Corzen's.

" Good morning my lady. "

A familiar face of a servant greeted Devaine with a huge smile. The lady, confused, scan the room and saw that all the servants that was serving food were familiar faces. It was the kitchen servants from the Corzen Dukedom!

" They begged us to take them too. Now eat first then you can meet all your friends. "

The grand duke said as he took a slice of pie and ate it. He also drank the tea Daphne and two other servants brewed.

" Such excellent taste! "

The grand duke took out a big santa laugh upon tasting the tea he knew his granddaughter had taught the servants. You can't even measure how proud he is.

With appreciative comments, the members of the Guillem compliment the pies, teas and cookies. They continued to eat it wholeheartedly and was sure to finish it all to let Devaine know they all liked it.

" But why do I have the same tea like the kids ? "

Wester said upon seeing that he and all the grandsons had milkteas. He is already 22 and almost as big as his uncle Adrian yet he was serve with a cute frog cup with milk in his tea and some foreign black circle tasty things.

Astero hit Wester in the head upon hearing him complain. He was eyeing that cute frog cup since earlier as it looks like it was more appealing with that straw. Yet he hears his son complain when he had it all!

" Ungrateful piece of shit. Give me that cup if you don't want it. "

Astero said and snatched Wester's cup. He happily drank from the straw with a foolish smile of his face while Wester wrestled his neck shouting to him to give back his frog cup. His wife, Winter could only hide her face , ashamed.

The morning breakfast ended in chaos with roaring shouts from Wester to take back his precious frog cup.