7

Namjoon steps into the building and immediately upon doing so, his eyes fall to the table that he and Hoseok usually sit at.

To his absolute surprise, he notices Hoseok sitting alone at the table. For a second he thinks he's hallucinating, but then Hoseok turns around and their eyes meet.

It's really him.

"Why are you here?" he asks quietly, his tone genuinely curious as he pulls out the chair next to Hoseok's and slips into it.

The restaurant is casual, so they're both wearing casual clothes. Namjoon chose his best outfit for this date— but why is Hoseok here?

"I'm your date," Hoseok says with a little smile on his face.

Namjoon groans out, "Hoseok-ah," dragging the vowel, but then a hand slides over his and squeezes.

"No, Joonie, I'm not messing with you." Their eyes meet again and Namjoon only now notices that Hoseok's smile isn't a teasing one. "I'm your date."

Namjoon's eyes widen comically and he stares for what feels like hours on end.

"You... are my date?"

Hoseok gently nods and turns his head, removing his hand and clearing his throat. "I can leave if you want me to. I just thought... I don't know."

Now it's Namjoon's turn to put his hand on Hoseok's— though he's a bit rougher, but Hoseok gets the gesture.

"No, don't leave." Namjoon's confused and his mouth feels dry, but he really doesn't want Hoseok to leave. "Stay."

~~