Chapter 7

DAKI POV:

I sighed and rubbed my eyes as I gently opened them and sat up.

'This isn't my room' I thought as I glanced around the space, as I looked around the door suddenly slid open.

"Ah, I see you are awake Daki," there was chilly and ominous. When I turned back, Kokushibo was standing at the door holding a human arm in his hands.

I remained silent and merely observed as he approached me by going around the bed.

"Eat up.. you must be starving" he urged pushing the arm toward me. I stared at it for a moment before gradually taking it from him.

I slowly took a bite out of it letting the flavour melt on my tongue.

I had neglected to eat because there was so much going on. I guess I lost track of Kokushibo's presence in the room as I took small bites into the arm.

He sat down next to me and commented, "I see you're enjoying yourself.." after noticing the blood smears on my lips. "Sorry.." I said in embarrassment.

As he waited for me to finish my meal, he sighed, "No worries"

As I completed my meal, I licked the blood from my lips. "Thank you for the food" I murmured.

He only gave a simple head nod. We both sat there for a while. I felt embarrassed as I thought back to all that had transpired the night before. I never intended to collapse in front of him.

Suddenly he spoke, making me break my train of thoughts, "Now that you have finished your meal.. tell me why you have this" he drew out a dark cyan book from the sleeve of his yukata.

I had completely forgotten that he had seen the book as I just stared at it in shock. "Uhm.." I gulped, thinking that I would likely be staying for some time.