Big Time Bad Boy

As the boy finished singing the last note of 'The City Is Ours', Logan, to celebrate, threw his hands up in the air, hitting Carlos in the face and knocking him down.

Not bothered by the daily occurrence, Kendall leaned into the mic. "Gustavo, the song is great."

"Of course it's great, I wrote it. But the band isn't great!" He walked into the room with Kelly and Alex behind him. "What's missing is the secret rock and roll ingredient."

"Hair mousse."

"Chocolate mousse."

"Spandex? Please don't say spandex."

"The bad boy." Gustavo wrapped his arm around Logan. "The ill-tempered rebel with a flair for synchronized dance. One of you boys has to be it." As he walked down the line of boys, he stopped as he hovered over Kendall's shoulder. "I say it's Kendall." As the boy made a face as Kelly gave him finger guns.

AH, AH, AH-AH, OH

"Gustavo, why do we need a bad boy?"

Kelly pulled up her phone, showing the boys a voicemail from Griffin. "Gustavo, it's Griffin. The band needs a bad boy. Bye"

"He's driving me crazy!" He screamed the last word. "But he's right, because the bad boy is a rock and roll tradition." Gustavo starts to walk into the hallway, everyone following him as he shows the posters. "Notice the back turned to the rest of the band. Bad boy. Notice the back turned, the dark clothing, and the scowl. Bad boy."

"But there can only be one bad boy per group." Kelly popped up, pulling a sheet to show another poster. "As learned from the bad boys experiment of '95."

"Didn't sell a single CD."

"Good." Alex mumbled. "I heard some of their music and it should not see the light of day." He shivered, almost liked it pained him to remember the horrendous music.

Ignoring Alex's comment, Kendall spoke. "But we're best friends. We never turn our back on eachother." The rest of the band agreed with him. Knowing that nothing would break their friendship.

Gustavo rolled his eyes. "Then let me let you in on another rock and roll secret. The bad boy is also the most popular member of the band, makes the most money, and dates the hottest models."

James, Carlos, and Logan blinked. Once, twice, thrice.

"I can be bad!"

"I am so bad!"

"Look at my back, look at my back!"

Kendall and Alex give each other a side eye, already knowing that this was going to be a disaster.

—-------

After that whole debacle, Gustavo sent the band back to the palm woods for lunch on the promise that they would be back in two hours. Also knowing that the boys would want to fight one another for the band boy role (besides Kendall), Gustavo, Kelly, and Alex had set up a table at the end of the hallway.

"You really think having a bad boy is a good idea?" Kelly asked as she pulled out her chair.

Gustavo waved her off. "Quiet. Here they come."

As Alex saw the boys (with the exception of Kendall) stumbled down the hallway with clothes at least two sizes too big, he would have smacked his head on the table if Kelly didn't place a pillow right before it could make contact. The pop artist's head then popped up at the sound of a board breaking only to see Carlos falling over with the wooden board still in his hands.

As they blinked at the boy who knocked himself out cold, Gustavo's voice caused them to look back at the table. "Next!"

James, trying his best, began spitting bars that made everyone cringe. "B to the A to the D, that's me! A bad boy-ee!"