Chapter 9

The next day

Taehyung sat in the living room, half-heartedly watching TV.

However, his mind couldn't remain focused on the screen, consumed with thoughts of the previous night.

'You are only mine'

'what does it mean?

Taehyung thought to himself as he was confused he didn't know why this invisible creature was so angry last night. Even his voice was so harsh.

"He literally r*ped me". Taehyung's lips formed a melancholic pout, his delicate fingers nervously intertwining.

Unforeseen was the pain that seeped into his being, inflicted by the very invisible creature he least expected would bring him such sorrow.

"Taehyung". Taehyung got interrupted by his momma who was entering the living room.

"Momma .... You home". Taehyung said as he looked at his momma who was approaching him.

"Yes... Baby, and have you heard anything about Bogum?" Jin asked, his voice tinged with a grave seriousness.

Taehyung's irritation became evident as he replied, "I have no interest in discussing or even thinking about him." He shifted his gaze towards the TV screen, attempting to divert his attention.

Concern etched on his face, Jin took a seat beside Taehyung, urging him gently, "Don't speak so dismissively, Taehyung... Do you know what happened to him?" Taehyung responded, still averting his gaze, "I neither know nor care.

"Jin's next words pierced the air, leaving Taehyung stunned, his eyes widening, as he looked deeply into Jin's solemn expression, "He is no more, Taehyung... he's gone."

Taehyung struggled to process the shocking revelation, his words barely escaping his lips, "What... what are you saying?" His voice quivered with disbelief.

Jin, his tone laden with sadness, continued to recount the grim details, "Today, Bogum's friend discovered his lifeless body in his apartment. The sight was so horrific that he immediately alerted the authorities. The police are currently conducting investigations. What's truly disturbing is that the shattered fragments of a mirror had pierced through his body, leading to his demise." Taehyung listened intently, his expression frozen in a mixture of shock and confusion.

His voice trembled as he stammered, "B-but, who... who could have done such a thing?" Jin let out a heavy sigh, his mind grappling with the perplexing nature of the incident.

"That is still unknown, Taehyung. The authorities themselves are baffled and disturbed by the gruesome manner in which the glass shards found their way into his body. It's beyond human explanation." Jin said while thinking about the incident.

"O-oh god....". Taehyung's hand instinctively pressed against his racing heart, feeling the constant thump resonate within him. His pregnancy magnified every sensation, even the news of Bogum's untimely passing, which certainly wasn't a trivial matter.

Jin's sorrowful words echoed in his ears, "I'm devastated... He was such a kind-hearted soul. How could someone commit such a heinous act?" Memories of Bogum's radiant smile surfaced in Jin's mind, intensifying his sadness.

Taehyung, however, felt a twinge of remorse, but not profound sadness, as he held no personal connection with Bogum.

With a mumbled response, he stood up and uttered, "All we can do now is offer our prayers and rest in peace to his soul".

Jin's voice carried disbelief as he questioned, "Don't you feel any sadness?" Taehyung responded plainly, his words tinged with unapologetic honesty, "He wasn't my husband or boyfriend, so there's no reason for me to feel sad."