Home

Two weeks later Raidyn pressed down her dark gray slacks, tucked in her white button blouse, and pulled on her matching jacket. Her hair was in a tight ponytail and she smiled, giving herself some confidence. You look presentable, not beautiful, but presentable. You need this job, can't be the girlfriend of a congressman's son and not have a REAL job.

She walked out bumping into her father "I've been meaning to talk to you..." he glared at her "That man doesn't give me a good..."

"Oh now you want to be my dad...it's been years since you worried about me. I can take care of myself and make my own decisions, thank you." she retorted walking away.

He grunted "As long as you're in my house, you will obey my rules. You're nothing Raidyn...he'll realize that sooner or later and your little NOVELA will be over!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Celia yelled, wiping her hands on a rag. "That's enough Miguel...she is your daughter or have you forgotten. She deserves your respect too."

Raidyn grabbed her bag and stormed out of the house, wiping away a tear she took a deep breath. He wouldn't break her down. Not anymore.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick looked around, he smiled. He was back home now, in his own place. Not that Howie and Leah didn't treat him well, but he missed his own space. His phone rang and he quickly picked up the receiver. "Hello"

"Hey shit head about time you came back home. How about we go for a game of golf?"

He could hear AJ puffing on a cigarette on the other line "Sure, don't have anything else to do today." Nick smiled "I'll be there in thirty." he hung up and quickly hopped into the shower and dressed.

Exactly half an hour later he met with AJ at the golf course down the street. "Wow you're actually on time and not with your little love interest...wait big love interest." he snickered.

Nick cocked his head and tightened his jaw "That's not funny and if you're going to make jokes about her. Then I'll just go back home."

AJ rolled his eyes at his friend. The man had it bad. "Fine...come on" he placed his arm on his friend's shoulder "Don't be so touchy...oh did you hear about the banquet...?" They jumped into the golf cart and drove off.

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn smiled widely as she walked through the park, she took her jacket off and took a seat at a bench in front of the child-filled playground. Giggles and playful screams filled the air, the sun shined brightly and there was a subtle breeze. She stared at a young girl swinging, she had a wide smile, and long brown hair that fluttered back and forth.

"Come on Nora...you have to go to school." Raidyn bent down to meet her sister's eyes, who was hiding under the bed.

Nora nodded "I can't you wont be with me...nor mom and dad. I'll be all alone and no one will want to play with me." she began to sob "Please don't make me go."

Raidyn stretched her hand, gesturing to Nora to take it and come out from under the bed "Come on...I'll walk you there...just so you can see that it's not scary. I promise that you will love it."

The two girls walked to school, Nora clutching her sister's hand as if her life depended on her grip. Once there Nora had begged not to be left behind, Raidyn waved at her younger sister, tears filling her eyes. Her school was only a street or two away, but she felt it worlds away.