Chapter one

(San Pov)

San has always cared less for himself than others around him, but he never even realized it until it was too late.

San has a daily routine that he would not intentionally break, no matter how sick or tired he was. He worked his boring nightshift cafe job, and then in the morning, instead of going straight to bed, he would always call his best friend, Wooyoung, to check on him while he cleaned up his apartment. Despite being tired, San would listen to Wooyoung talk about his model boyfriend. San has not met him, but San already liked him from the things he heard from Wooyoung.

San lays down after ending the call instead of taking a shower like he wanted to before going to bed since Wooyoung wanted to stay on the phone longer than usual since his boyfriend was coming back to town soon. San was uninterested, but he requested that Wooyoung take his boyfriend to his cafe when he came to town. After a couple of hours of tossing and turning, San went to sleep.

San awoke later than usual, so he had a mental argument with himself about sleeping too much. San had to cut his daily shower short due to a lack of time. San stepped out of the shower, obviously disappointed that he hadn't had time to stand in the soothing, warm water. He quickly dressed for work before doing his hair after he was entirely dry. San painstakingly applied concealer beneath his eyes. He despised the idea that he had to look good every day for this work, but he needed the money, so he didn't complain out loud about it.

                                   (Yeosang pov)

Yeosang's shyness during his childhood prevented him from making many friends. He would make occasional friends, but they would only stay around for a short period of time until they did not need him anymore. Why could he never get close to anyone without them leaving him for someone better? Why did he have to be cast aside from the rest? Why couldn't he be better? Yeosang asked himself why every night when he looked out at the night sky from his small apartment window.

Yeosang was tired of the same old thing suddenly one night, so he decided to go out for a walk instead of staring holes into his computer screen since he clearly couldn't think of anything to write for his book that he has been writing for the past year. Yeosang quickly brushed his black hair and threw on a black hoodie over his white shirt that he had paired with dark blue jeans and Converse before leaving his small apartment to walk around until he felt tired or inspired to write something.

Yeosang was walking down a cold and isolated road with only street lighting to see where he was going. He spotted a small cafe called Ateez Cafe, and he smiled softly, knowing that this place could provide warmth during this cold time of the year.

...

(Can anyone guess who Wooyoung's boyfriend is?)

This is obviously fictional; the characters are written by me and a co-writer, and it is not based on the boys in real life at all (other than San's dream to be a café worker). Please vote and comment with ideas or input to help improve my writing.)