chapter four

Hongjoong sat on the floor of his living room. His living area was a little disorganized because Hongjoong's gray couch had been moved to the other side of the room. Hongjoong had several fabrics on his couch and paint in every hue imaginable all over him. San couldn't help but smile as he slowly walked over to the delightful sight in front of him. Hongjoong motioned with his finger for San to wait a moment, so San stopped walking towards him and remained silent as he observed him cutting up a blue jean jacket.

Hongjoong didn't have to make art because he is a work of art in his own right, and his dyed black and white hair enhanced his beauty even more. San would never admit it, but despite Hongjoong now dating someone named Mingi, he hasn't completely moved on from him. It had pained San at first to learn that Hongjoong had moved on quickly after they had dated for three years. They had split up because Hongjoong seemed to care more about his work than him, which was often demonstrated, so they decided to stay friends.

Hongjoong pulled San out of his thoughts by softly pronouncing his name; San stared at his work instead of his eyes since he knew he ought to avoid them. San didn't say anything for a minute, instead examining the outfit Hongjoong was putting together before speaking. "It looks great so far, and you're getting better every day," San says, evidently pleased with the older man. That, of course, made Hongjoong smile brightly, so San smiled as well.

San tried not to fall back in love with the handsome man's dark brown eyes, while Yeosang was still battling to finish his story, which caused him to not leave his apartment for days. When Yeosang's phone rang loudly in his dead quiet room, he looked around and saw his best friend's name, Jongho, as he had called him. "Hello, why are you calling so late at night?" Yeosang tiredly asked once he answered the phone. Jongho said hello before telling him to meet up with him at the café close by because he wanted to catch up now that he was back in town. Yeosang didn't really want to wake up early just to meet his friend in the café he foolishly walked out of, but he couldn't tell his friend no when he hadn't seen him in a couple of months. "Okay, what time?" Yeosang asked as he rubbed his forehead to relieve the pain that had been forming there. "Two o'clock," Jongho simply said. Yeosang thought that was a great time, so he smiled and told him he would see him there before hanging up.

Yeosang had slept till midday, so he laid in bed staring at the ceiling, just thinking."Do we really need to go to the café?" What if San laughs at him for the night he ran off crying? Jongho had written to remind him to be there at two o'clock, to which Yeosang replied, "I know, I'll be there." Yeosang got out of bed, made it, then dressed before having a long, warm shower to wake up. It was now one p.m., so he put his simple outfit on; it was a maroon hoodie with a pair of black jeans and Adidas shoes that an old friend from college gave him. When he got to the café, he sat down with Jongho, who was already there waiting for him. "Hey, sorry if I was late," Yeosang apologizes once he has sat down. Jongho didn't mind, because he knew he would be late anyway. Jongho was wearing all black like always, but he had a black leather jacket on as well because it was chilly outside.
Jongho and Yeosang talked peacefully about what has been going on for the last few months until Yeosang saw a San with a fashionable, shorter male with dyed black and white hair walk in smiling brightly at each other. "Yeosang?" San asked soft when he looked at his and Jongho's table. Yeosang didn't answer him; instead, he avoided him by looking back at Jongho with a look that said he wanted to leave. "It's me, San. We met like a month ago here," San said in a tone of discomfort, but when Yeosang didn't move or speak, he and Hongjoong left and sat down at their own table in the back.

San was frowning as he stared at the man who had avoided him, like they didn't know each other at all. Hongjoong seemed frustrated at the male in front of him because when he was asking what he wanted to drink, he was being avoided, or maybe San just couldn't hear him because he was lost in his own thoughts. "San," Hongjoong finally said his name again but louder, which caused San to look at him confused. "What is wrong?" Hongjoong asked softly, and San had only looked at Yeosang again as a response. "Who is that?" Hongjoong asked as he looked at the blonde, who was sitting with a dark-haired male. "The guy I told Mingi about," San says, and when Hongjoong realized which man he was talking about, he frowned. "He won't even look your way, so stop thinking about him," Hongjoong says calmly as he looks into San's sad eyes. "Let's just get you some tea and me some coffee so we can go." San nodded, then got up to order their drinks because he remembered how Hongjoong liked his coffee. Once he paid, he left quickly, with Hongjoong following behind. The dark-haired man with Yeosang was watching them silently as they left.

Jongho was upset with Yeosang for avoiding the man since he could have been a new friend to him, but the problem was that Yeosang didn't think they could be friends because he had disgraced himself in front of San that one night. Yeosang rested his brow on the table before telling Jongho what had happened that night. Jongho understood, but thought he was overreacting by avoiding San. Jongho rose up and dragged Yeosang out of the building by the wrist, expecting to see San and the shorter male nearby so Yeosang could apologize.