-chapter eight-

minji woke up the next morning really early at 4 am because of her phone. she got a notification from an app. she grunted getting her phone. "how did i forget to put my phone on mute?" minji asked opening her phone. she tried to go back to sleep, but she wasn't able to. she grunted getting out of bed. she went to the bathroom and did her routine. she got out of the shower and chose the clothes she's going to wear for the camp. "this will do" minji said picking them out.

she dried her hair then put the products she uses and put it in a ponytail as usual. she got out a bag and packed clothes, hair brush, skincare, slipper, torch, charger, portable charger and much more.  "i think this should be enough" minji said closing the  bag.

she got her phone and walked out of her house, she got on her skateboard and went to the cafe. she walked in and got an ice latte to go. she took it and got out of the cafe tasting it. "nice" minji said skating. she skated for a while listening to songs, while the warm air running through her hair. she got bored so she went to the stables to waste time. she went inside and saw jay from afar, petting his horse Elvis. she walked to him tapping his back. "hello" minji said smiling at him. "oh hey. your early today" jay replied looking back at her, feeling a smile build up on his face. "i woke up from my phone and i wasn't able to go back to sleep" she explained petting elvis. "are you sleepy?" jay asked looking concerned. "nope. i had a coffee just a second ago" minji answered shacking her head. "that's good. tell me when you feel sleepy i will get you coffee" jay replied looking at elvis, embarrassed to look at her. minji looked at him then smiled. "thanks" minji said looking away. "do you always wake up early like this?" minji asked confused. "not really. i was just tired last night" jay explained. "tired? did you hurt yourself? do you feel sick? i have medicine if you want" minji said taking it out of her bag. "no. am not sick. i just felt exhausted after the race and all" jay explained trying not laugh. " oh, ok that's good" minji said putting the medicine back in her bag. "You bring a lot of stuff with you" jay said smiling. "I end up hurting myself often. So I got used to bringing all the stuff I might need" minji joked showing her ointment and pack of bandages. "Just how many times did you hurt yourself?" Jay asked laughing. "I already hurt myself over five times here" minji replied putting them back. "When?" Jay asked confused. "When I got attacked by the wolf and when skating two times, I think. Oh no three times. Then I think I fell on my arm. Oh right! And when I got pushed by raven" minji explained looking around trying to remember. "Wait. You mean when you pushed me away from raven?" Jay asked surprised and worried. "Yeah. I got pushed to a tree so it makes sense that I got hurt" minji explained. "You never told me" jay replied holding her shoulder. "I was too lazy to tell, also you were very moody most of the time and seemed to hate me .but its already completely healed" minji answered showing her arm. "sorry" he apologised feeling bad. "no need to apologise. i think it kind of got me closer to raven actually" minji answered laughing. "really? by getting pushed to a tree? what a great advise" jay joked. they laughed together and chatted. "minji" ethan said waving at her. "oh hey" minji waved back. "what are you doing here so early?" ethan asked smiling. jay looked at him expressionless. "nothing much. just wasting time" minji answered. "you guys seem to be getting along well" ethan said looking at jay having his gaze change. "hm? well yeah" minji replied confused. "i was going to go for a ride, do you want to come with me?" ethan asked smiling at minji. "ah.." minji looked at around, she didn't feel like going with him but didn't want to be rude. "sorry ethan. i promised mark to go with him" minji explained making up a lie. "oh... it's alright. let's go another time" ethan replied nodding feeling disappointed. "sure" minji answered smiling at him. "well am going to go. see you at the camp" ethan waved walking away. "okay" minji answered with a thumbs up. minji got a  call. she took out her phone and saw it was mark. jay looked at minji phone and looked annoyed.