His family

I open the box to reveal a very beautiful dress. I was surprised at the amount of skin that was exposed but if this was what his family wanted me to wear I would wear it. I took a quick shower to wash off my current makeup and i
made my way into the dress once I was completely dried off. I braided my hair and made my way to the door when I heard a knock. These two random people came in. Not saying a word they directed me towards the chair and one began to do my makeup and the second one did my nails. I know his family had money but I didn't expect anything like this to happen. It's nice but I feel bad if they're paying for me.

Once they were done I put on my heels, put my flask and phone in my bag and made my way to the car. Driving to his house alone is kind of boring. It's more fun to have someone with you singing songs on the top of your lungs. But here I am dressed elegantly and the idea of being silly is the only thing I can think of doing right now. As I pull into his drive way it's 10 minutes until 7 so that means I'm early. I park my car behind his and make my way to the front door.

*knock knock knock*
You could hear people talking behind the door. The door swings open and there stands his mom in a beautiful dress that reaches the floor. She is gorgeous.
"Oh sweety come on in we don't want you standing there in the cold" I just giggled and walked in. It wasn't cold it had a breeze as the day was getting darker but that's all. I followed his mom towards the back oh the house to the garden. They have a beautiful scenery with a pond and s bridge and flowers and a bride. Wait. A bride. Why is there a bride. A beautiful and tall bride.

"I don't think we met, I'm Linda, Martins cousin" I'm lost for words so o decide to say what comes to mind first
"Hi you are gorgeous like really gorgeous" wow she just laughed "sorry, I'm Melanni, I don't get out much"

"I can see why he likes you, go get some pictures with him before we head to the hall" and with that she walked off. Am I attending his cousins wedding? I turn around to find him when I see a tall guy in a tux with the same colour tie as my dress. Damn. Martin looks good in a tux.

I hear the cameras flashing as we're getting closer but all I see is him. In an instant I was in his arms and his grip around me just got tighter and tighter as we relaxed into each others arms. We released after a while and took some actual photos of us posing. I don't normally take photos like this, where I'm with someone, specifically a male but I like that it's at least not a modelling shoot.

By the time I realized it I was eating food with his entire family at this wedding. We danced and sang and did crazy things that I'm sure he would be embarrassed to talk about.

I've grown to like his family. A lot. And hopefully they like me. I've even noticed how everyone would try and include me so I would feel left out. That was until my mom called. I answered the call but she didn't talked back. It was like she was talking to someone else.

"Honey, the doctor called, it's about Melanni's tests, she has Pancreatic cancer, she's in a serious condition and they said there's nothing they can do and it's surprising that Melanni hasn't been to the hospital because of it and how we still don't recognize the symptoms. They even said she only has a couple weeks to live" she started to cry. I ended the call.

I don't need to hear that. I pretended as if I heard nothing. But pancreatic cancer? Where's the symptoms? When did I get it? Why, why me? Martin kept on talking and joking with his family. He even introduced me as his girlfriend even though I expected him to say friend. The rest of the night was perfect and fun. I didn't think about the knees since I was distracted.