Chapter 23: Facing her Demon

(As the night went on both the two lovers Joshua and Daniela were sleeping peacefully, Daniela slept comfortably on top of her lover as the covers were over her and him though this time Daniela wakes up and finds herself in the castle and in the same bedroom, but to her surprise she does not see her lover with her, she gets nervous but before she could search for him she puts on her see through nightgown, after that she looks for him, she shouts hoping to hear his voice)

Daniela: Joshua, baby, where are you!(Shouts)

(As Daniela shouts she hears screaming echoing within the castle, she hurriedly goes to investigate and the one place she knew was the library, once there her face is filled with horror as she looked at the person who looked exactly like her, oddly enough it was actually her but as she eyed herself she looks on the floor an sees the body of the man she loved mutilated with his neck slit open and his organs spilled out, the sound from her footsteps causes the ravenous version of herself stops and looks at her with a devilish gaze as she spoke)

Doppelganger:(Chuckles evilly)Well, well, well look who it is, my twin

Daniela: W-who the fuck are you?!(Shouts as she whimpers seeing her dead lover on the ground)

Doppelganger: Why, I am you of course(Spoke in a raspy voice)

Daniela: N-no, your not real!(Shakes her head but was grabbed by the evil twin)

Doppelganger: Oh but I am, I am the evil within you, you have abandoned your ravenous desires for something new, and this was it, you think this worthless man you pathetically love would make you different?! he is nothing, he has corrupted you!

 Daniela: Shut up!, the man I love has given me more then anyone else!, he made me turn away from my killer ways!

Doppelganger:(Smacks Daniela causing her to drop to the floor)DO NOT DENY THE HUNGER WITHIN YOU!, EVEN NOW IT CLAWS IT'S WAY UP TO YOU, IT'S WHO YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE, YOU CANNOT ESCAPE IT!

Daniela: I will find a way!(Shouts as tears came out of her eyes)

Doppelganger:(Laughs evilly)Really, do you think you can escape the hunger that claws at you? I have been the voice in your head trying to make you come to your senses, an yet you ignored me numerous times, I will make you be the ravenous woman you are and there is nothing you can do about it!

Daniela:(Gets up)Nothing you say will make me turn back into my murderous ways(Spoke in a cold voice)you are not me, you will not control me!(Pushes the evil twin as she secretly pulled out her sickle as she looked at her evil self dead in the eyes)

Doppelganger: Ah ha, there's that look I've been wanting to see(Spoke with a smug look)yes, give in to it, you know want to!

(As Daniela's evil doppelganger looks at her with a smug look on her face the doppelganger soon realizes that her twin was not going to give her the satisfaction of coming back to her murderous ways but to ensure that the doppelganger doesn't interfere with her life anymore she is going to end the demon who resided in her head trying to make her turn back to the way she was, as she walks closer the doppelgangers smug look disappeared)

Doppelganger: N-no, w-wait!, what are you doing!

Daniela: I am tired of being a killer, and I'm tired of you being the voice in my head, it's time to get rid of you once an for all!

(As Daniela brings her sickle forward the doppelganger grabs the sickle, both battled ferociously, though the doppelganger was stronger and more powerful, Daniela wasn't going to let this evil version of herself control her anymore or make her hurt the man she truly loved, she overpowers the doppelganger throwing them to the ground repeatedly slashing and hacking away screaming with anger and fury in her voice as she wasn't going to take it anymore, the doppelganger screamed in pain feeling every single cut as Daniela overcomes, she kills her evil twin feeling victorious and relieved, soon after Daniela is woken up)

Joshua: Daniela wake up(I shook her hoping to wake her up)

Daniela: W-where am I(Gasps and pants)

Joshua: Are you ok?, you were talking in your sleep, is everything alright?

Daniela: I-I'm fine, I just had a bad dream

Joshua: What was it, please tell me everything

(Daniela sits on her lovers lap)

Daniela:(Sighs)W-where do I even begin

Joshua: Take it slow ok

Daniela:(Inhales and exhales)Ok, as I woke up I was in the castle and in this bedroom, but when I looked around you weren't there, so I put on my nightgown and I secretly had my sickle with me for defense, and when I exited the room I shouted your name hoping I could hear you an then I heard screaming as it echoed throughout the entire castle, and the first place I looked was the library and w-when I entered I-I

Joshua: What, please tell me(I spoke in a worried voice)

Daniela: I-I saw my evil twin eating your body, your throat was slit open and your organs were everywhere, and my evil twin saw me as they heard me enter the area, it looked at me with an evil gaze saying that it was me, I tried to wake myself saying that what I was seeing was not real and it grabbed my face saying that they were real, and it tried to convert me back to my murderous ways, and It said that the hunger within me was clawing its way back up to me and I told my evil self that I didn't want to be a killer anymore and it smacked me in the face causing me to drop to the floor and it said that the man I love which is you said that you were nothing and that you corrupted me an then I shouted at my evil twin saying that I will find a way as tears came out of my eyes, and then something in me snapped as I pushed my evil self grabbing my sickle, it, it chuckled at me as it knew that I was going to give in as it had a smug look on its face, then I told it that it wouldn't control me anymore or be the voice in my head, and as I brought my sickle forward my twin grabbed it and we both fought viciously, they were stronger then me but I couldn't let it win cause I wasn't going to allow it to make me go back to my vicious ways, and make me hurt you so with the boost of strength I overpowered it and I ended them(Spoke as tears came out of her eyes)

Joshua: Shh shh, there there my queen, I know you would never ever hurt me, you love me to much to do that

Daniela: I love you with all my heart an soul baby, I could never bring myself to do it even if I was forced to 

Joshua: I know you wouldn't dear, your a strong woman, and I love you all with my heart an soul as well Daniela

Daniela: Can you hold me please

Joshua: Of course(I embraced Daniela in my arms comforting her)

Daniela:(Sighs)Thank you babe, you make me feel better an safe

Joshua: Of course, I will never leave your side

Daniela: Nor will I yours darling

(As the two embraced each other things calm down)

Joshua: Feel better now

Daniela: I do, thank you(Smiles)thank you for comforting me

Joshua: Of course, I'm glad you faced your demon

Daniela: Yeah, though weirdly enough we shouldn't have demons but I guess we mutants do

Joshua: Well at least you don't have to worry about it anymore

Daniela: Me to(Smiles)before we go back to bed can we go to the balcony and look at the stars? I think some fresh air can help ease my mind

Joshua: Of course

(The two go to the balcony outside to look at the stars and as they go out they feel the calm cool breeze of the wind)

Daniela: The night sky is beautiful isn't it

Joshua: It sure is

Daniela: I wonder if there are more galaxies out there that we haven't seen before

Joshua: The vastness of space is quite enormous, there's no telling what lies beyond the galaxy we live in

Daniela: Indeed, it'll always remain a mystery to us

Joshua: Mhm

(As the two admired the night sky, something was on Daniela's mind)

Daniela: Hey Joshua

Joshua: Yes Daniela?

Daniela: I was thinking about something

Joshua: What's on your mind?

Daniela: Do you think the secluded place we shared our intimate moments could be our home

Joshua: Well given how big the area is, we could make it our mini village

Daniela: That would be a perfect place for people to live, it would be a safe haven and could be our place to rule, we could even have our own house or hut near the waterfall

Joshua: Sounds like a paradise for us(I smiled)

Daniela: Yeah(Smiles back)let us go back to bed shall we

Joshua: Agreed

(As Joshua and Daniela go back to the room they get under the covers, Daniela lays on top of her lover as he pulled the covers over her and him but before going back to sleep they kiss passionately for a few minutes, after that they go to sleep)