V

"...my last word to her was 'slut'. That's the last word I said to the greatest friend I had ever had." These words have been repeating in my head for the last three weeks. Whenever I lock eyes with dreamy Y/N, I no longer see the handsome and charming Y/N; instead, I see his deepest darkest fear. However, his tragic tale takes away his alluring and mysterious persona, revealing an empathetic, compassionate and affectionate person. It is proof that the strongest vaults always hold the greatest treasure. Under all the layers of armour protecting Y/N lies a treasure trove of emotions. 

As I stepped into the majestic lobby of our tiny and secluded hotel in Zurich, my mind was fixed on Y/N. We spent most of the last three weeks jumping out of a plane together over the night sky of London, and despite all the time I had with him, I couldn't penetrate that outer shell. Any attempt I made to probe, by asking him personal questions or chatting my heart out in an effort to draw him into a conversation, he shut me down immediately. "No. We don't have to be friends to work together." 

"Y/N, Hailee. You guys are on the top floor. Get some rest. It's an early start tomorrow." Tom said, handing me both our keys. I dragged my suitcase to the elevators, hearing Y/N doing the same behind me. I called the elevator before turning to Y/N. He was engrossed in his phone, probably watching a soccer match live. The only hobby of his I was aware of in the five weeks I had known him. 

The elevator ride to our floor was silent, the one word you could use to describe every second we spent together. We stepped out of the elevator, noticing that only two doors occupied the entire top floor, two doors, each leading to one room. "Which one do you want?" I asked, offering him both the keys to pick from. "I will take whichever one," he replied, peeling his headphones off. "You wanna check the rooms out before deciding?" I asked. He nodded.

We checked out the first room facing the town centre, which looked sparse and dimly lit this evening. The other room, slightly larger, faced the stunning mountain range we had driven by on our way here. My jaw dropped at the sight as I strained my eyes, absorbing the view in the moonlight. Y/N must have seen me gawking at the scenery because he decided. "I will take the other room. It doesn't have a large enough wardrobe for your stuff." He took his keys and departed without uttering another word. 

"Goodnight," I said as the door shut behind Y/N. After which, I unpacked enough for the few days we were staying here, did my nighttime routine and got ready for bed. As I settled into bed, I realised the room was still chilly despite my having turned up the thermostat. I rechecked it, ensuring my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Despite it being on, it wasn't having any effect. The room was still unbearably cold. Knowing that maintenance wouldn't drop by this late to fix a faulty thermostat, I left my room, planning to bunk with anyone else from the cast. 

It hit me as I stepped into the wooden floored halls of the hotel in my silk camisole; I had no idea which rooms the rest of the crew occupied, plus who I could ask to bunk with. I wasn't close enough to anyone to ask them to share a room. My only hope was the door opposite my door, occupied by the one cast member who despised me.

Forced by circumstance, I shamefully knocked on Y/N's door. Soon the door swung open, revealing a topless Y/N with messy hair. I shamelessly checked him out, losing focus and forgetting why I knocked. His abs were rock-hard, and his muscular chest puffed in and out as he breathed. It was a mesmerising sight to behold. 

"Uhm, sorry for knocking so late, but my room's thermostat isn't working. Any chance I could crash here tonight?" I asked. "Sure. I will take your room," he replied, gently swiping the keys from my hands. "No, it's too cold," I said, stopping him from going to my room. "Stay here," I added. "There's no couch or spare bed in my room, unfortunately." he snapped back, not wanting to share a room with me. "We can share the bed," I mumbled.