Chapter 1 - An Interaction

Wake up, grab my bag - pre packed the night prior, no lunch -, rush out of the house while ignoring the passed out man on the couch, arrive at school. That was my average morning.

"-shi....Arashi!" I finally notice the teacher calling my name.

"Hai, sensei!" I fumble to stand up from my desk, when I bring myself to my feet I feel my chair rocking behind me. I pray that it doesn't fall.

"For the last time, answer this question!" the teacher slams his meter long ruler against the black board.

I clasp my hands over my ears, trembling at the sudden loudness. Everybody starts whispering. I glance over to the board - covered in writing I couldn't recognize learning - before looking at the roof, trying my best to figure it out but not having much luck.

"I don't know," I finally manage to murmur. "Sumimasen." (sumimasen is a more formal way of saying gomennasai. Japanese for sorry)

He slams the ruler against the board once more in anger before telling me to sit back down. Which I do. Still trembling, ears still ringing, stomach turning, I can't stand it. I want to go home, but home is even worse.

Class finishes and I begin packing up my things in an organized manner before walking towards the second Shoji door located at the back end of the classroom, but a large hand grabs my arm before I can leave. I jump, ripping my arm away due to the uncomfortable clammy warmth of it. I hate physical contact, no- despise is a better word.

"Don't be like that, darling~" it's the voice of my teacher.

"Oh," I think to myself 'so this is actually happening." I continue as he starts slowly removing my shirt, I'm completely frozen. My mind drifting in and out of the situation. Caving in on itself.

When I come to, I'm in the infirmary. I blink my eyes - dry as hell, no surprise there - before noticing one of my classmates. One I've never spoken to before.

Smokey soft black hair covers his eyes but glimpses of dark brown - a shade reminding me of hot chocolate - can be seen. Skin so pale and clear, you swear you can almost see your reflection catching you staring, and the height of an Olympic basketball player. At least compared to me, who's 5'2.

"Oh- you're awake- good morning! Or- good afternoon maybe? I don't know what the time is..." the boy rambles quietly, his voice soft. I like it. I like the sound of voice and how quiet he is.

"How many classes have I missed-?" I whisper urgently as I sit up before realizing how rough my voice is. It seemingly shows on my face.

"Something kinda...big happened. I wouldn't worry about class right now, you should try to get as much rest as you can." he instructs, his voice remaining gentle. But what he said just makes me even more confused.

"What...happened...?" I slowly mutter curiously. Until I start to think about it, remembering when it started, remembering the small snippets in between. My breathing quickens.

He watches, observes, patiently staring and waiting for a chance to say something.

"...I called the police on him, so... he should lose his job and be sent to prison for sexual abuse of a minor." He looks away, not sure of what else to do.

I only look up in awe, no smile, no tears, just blank empty eyes. "It won't fix anything," I think "Him being gone doesn't fix anything. He's still at home, he won't be sent to prison, he never is."

------------------------

Notes -

Lol what a plot twist

Anyways-

Hope this was okay 😭🥲😅👍

Word count -

592