Chapter 1 - New beginnings

It's a Monday morning at 7am when you arrive to the doors of degrassi in your white sedan. You drive into the parking lot and walk into the school. You look around you and in front of you is the reception desk, to your left are the stairs to upstairs with a bunch of kids on and to your right is what looks to be a media room. You walk up to reception and ask where Mr. Simpsons office is, they point you to his office. You knock on his door and he says come in. You begin to speak hi I'm new I'm and before you can finish your sentence he says Y/N Y/L Grade 11 right? Yeah you respond. He says your first lesson is Maths in room 10A I'll show you. You follow Mr. Simpson to room 10A and walk in. Mr Simpson talks to your teacher Mr Armstrong telling him that your new. Mr Arm strong walks to the front of the class and announces that there's a new student he says y/n do you want to introduce yourself? You respond with sure. You say Hi I'm Y/N I transfered from Mystic Vill High and I'm 17 that's it I guess. Mr Armstrong says we're doing group projects for the next few weeks. Then turns back to the class and says does any one have room in the group for Y/N? This girl with a bun in her hair with sticks poking out and this girl with long blonde hair both stick there hands up and say we do. He says great! You walk over to there table and sit down. The girl with the bun says hi I'm Imogen Moreno nice to meet you! The blonde then chimes in and says I'm Becky and shakes your hand. You all then discuss the work and tell a few jokes. Imogen then says what do you have next period and you respond with Imedia. She says great me to I'll show you. We have Miss. Oh. Is she nice you ask. Yeah, there's a rumor she got a bit close with a student last year though.
Oh ok you reply.

*Bell rings*

Imogen and Becky hug and say goodbye Imogen then says to you come on let's go I'll show you where the Imedia room is. Thank you, you respond. You arrive, walk in and sit next to each other.

Half way through the lesson Imogen says to you would you like to join me and Becky for lunch? I would love that thanks, you say to her.

It's lunch and you walk in the canteen to find Becky and Imogen you see them sat on a table with a few other kids and you sit down opposite Becky and Imogen. Your sat next to this kid with black hair and mostly black attire. He turns to you and says Hi I'm Eli nice to meet you. The girl next to him says and I'm Claire. You say hi I'm y/n. Eli asks where did you transfer from? Mystic Vill High Imogen says before you can answer. Yeah there you reply smiling Eli and Imogen start discussing a new play idea they have. You sit there talking to the group at the table. Until you here Imogen and Eli discussing holding auditions for the 2 female leads for there play Romona and Juliet a lesbian version of Romeo and Juliet. Eli suggested that Imogen plays a lead for once Imogen is unsure but then turns to you and says you should audition for the lead I heard you singing in Imedia when you were listening to music your really good Y/N. Thanks you say but I'm not sure. Eli says you should think about it it would be nice to have some fresh talent. Alright I'll think about it. Auditions are after school in the gym I'll be there Imogen says to you. Thr lunch bell rings and you head to history wirh Mr. Pereno.

You go through your lessons all day thinking about whether or not you should audition when the last bell of the day goes. You have to make a decision, you start to head over to the gym but are just about to back out when Imogen sees you and opens the door for you. She says don't be scared you'll do great. You ask her if she's auditioning and she says yeah Eli convinced me to.

Eli is sat in a desk infront of the stage in the gym and is writting down notes as each person goes on the stage and sings. Imogen gets up on the stage and you quietly shout go Imogen! Imogen starts singing and you are in absolute awe for her amazing voice. She finishes and Eli says that was great Imogen. He calls your name and you say to Imogen that was Angelic, Imogen says thank you. You walk up to the stage and start singing you see Eli smiling and when you finish Imogen starts clapping and Eli joins in. Eli then stands up and says ill let you all know tommorow. A list will be up outside of the gym. Imogen walks up to you and says that was really good see I told you, you would do amazing. Yeah you did thank you but you should of heard your self you were amazing you respond. Goodbye Imogen I have to head home now. Okay goodbye. Wait Imogen can I have your number so you can text me if the list goes up and you see it first also your funny. Ofc and your pretty funny your self y/n it's 04842645184 OK thanks Imogen byeee.

*The next day*

Your walking in the hall in school and Imogen runs up to you Eli just told me he's putting the list up so for us to look at it. Okay let's go I say as we go running. You see Eli putting the list up and you and Imogen go to find your names. Imogen screams, Omg I got Remona she screams again what, what? You say you got Juliet. You start screaming aswell you hug each other and both say to each other I knew you could do it. Becky runs over saying why are we screaming and at the same time you and Imogen say we got the leads! Becky says congrats! But aren't the lead characters like deeply in love. Imogen says Becky have you heard of a thing called acting? Also won't be hard with y/n she's pretty cool. You smile.