Chapter 43: Unicorn Burgers

"We're going where?"

Neteyam smirks right at him, the little menace. "Museum of Sweets and Selfies. They have a bubble pool slide."

Ao'nung sets his coffee down slowly. "What the absolute hell."

Neteyam shrugs casually. "You're the one who didn't wanna plan this trip because the people here aren't friendly."

Ao'nung gets out his phone, that is almost dead, to google this place and his face pales. "Neteyam, everything is pink!"

They're sitting face to face on a fancy street. The Café they're in is called Anna Café. It's pretty neat, Ao'nung likes it, though he definitely had better coffee back home.

Neteyam on the other hand seems immensely satisfied, though passers-bys keep staring at him. Ao'nung can count on one hand how many black men he's seen here in the few hours he's spent out and about.

Neteyam has his pretty braids in a bun, two front pieces down to frame his face, covered heavily in beads.

Ao'nung thinks he looks mesmerising, as always, but he cannot help but be a little weirded by his choice in things to do.

"Pink is cool," Neteyam replies easily and leans back, crossing his legs. He's wearing white shorts and a beige shirt, the top button popped open, exposing his hand crafted omaticayan choker.

Ao'nung is wearing blue and white in a similar fashion. He knows they look damn good, too.

"Pink is not cool," Ao'nung chides gently, shaking his head.

"Well, why not?" Neteyam asks softly, as patient as ever. He tilts his head, breathing softly, a hand resting against his stomach, the other on the arm of the chair.

Ao'nung realises that he has no answer to that except one that makes him uncomfortable. Toxic masculinity. He's not about to ruin Neteyam's mood with such a topic before they even spent a night in this city. He lies through his teeth, trying to convince himself more than anything. "Okay. Pink isn't that bad. This place is... cute. We can take cute pictures of you."

"Of us," Neteyam nudges the toes of his cream coloured shoes against Ao'nung's dark blue ones.

"Right," Ao'nung gulps. "Of us."

They leave the Café at closing time, which is somewhat late. It's dark outside, but nice and cool. The city is actually beautiful after sundown. Many of the large, fancy buildings are illuminated by lights.

They walk around (not hand-in-hand) comfortably. Neteyam snaps some photos with a Canon camera, smiling in satisfaction when they come out just right. He has a nice camera. Ao'nung doesn't notice that Neteyam is recording him (and their trip).

"Wow, look!" Neteyam grins. "That's definitely the Liberty Statue."

Ao'nung follows Neteyam's pointed finger. He's staring at a mountain at the end of the many bridges across the river. Ao'nung smiles. He doesn't think this place is special because of the statues — no, Neteyam is the one that makes it special for Ao'nung.

"She's holding a huge leaf."

Neteyam nods. "I'll google that later. Come on, stand there. I wanna take a photo of you."

Ao'nung chuckles, shaking his head. He does as told, throwing up a peace sign before doing a traditional metcayinan greeting, touching his hand to his forehead.

Neteyam giggles deeply, lowering the camera. "You look good."

"Not as good as you, my love," Ao'nung smirks, sauntering over to the smaller male. He snaked an arm around his waist and steals a kiss.