chapter 4🥀

(Unedited)

Terry's POV

I. Cant. Sleep.

Why you ask?I don't freaking know. I thought tonight I would finally rest and know what it feels like to finally rest you know. But I've been tossing  and for reasons not known to me my bed feels like a bolder covered with sheets. I guess i'm so used to being up all night it made me an insomniac.  The one day I don't have to go to work. Its like all the tiredness vanished.

I glanced at the clock on my wall and its almost two in the morning. I frown knowing that it'll dawn soon and I got that job I have to go to. I'm a little anxious because I don't know what to expect. It's a totally different experience and you can't blame me for having cold feet.

Giving up, I decided to go grab a glass of water. I was descending down the stairs when I saw my grandpa sitted at the couch. He was deep in thought and didn't even notice my presence.

"Pa, what are u doing up this late?" I asked but he didn't respond. I reach down and tapped his shoulder and he quickly looked up. "Oh, Terry dear I didn't quite see u there."

"Mind telling me why you are not in bed right now. The doctor said you need all the rest you can get...so that you feel better."

" I know I know but I'm just not sleepy."

"Well that makes the two of us. I'm almost giving up."

"Terry."

"Yes Pa."

"What would you do if you found your real family?" His question puzzles me and I think for a while. Finding my real family has never crossed my mind and to be honest I have never put much thought into it. Plus, they have never looked for me so why would I want to find people who want nothing to do with me?

"Why do you ask Pa?"

"I was just wondering. Anyway, I wanted to wait until tomorrow to tell you but...I'm gonna go away for a while."

"Go away? To where and why?"

"As soon as I get back I'll tell you everything. Now is just not the time."He says calmly and I have never seen him as sad as he is now. I didn't understand why he he had to go away and I had so many questions to ask him.

"Are you sure you are OK?" I ask as I place my hand on his. He gives me a reassuring smile and nods before standing up.

"I'll try to get some rest. You should too." He kisses me on the forehead and begins to walk towards the stairs but he suddenly stopped and turned back to face me. I don't know if I saw right but he had some sort of wetness in his eyes. He quickly turned back and made his way up the stairs.

His actions got me worried. Like a lot worried. And now I know for a fact that its too late to sleep... or is it to early?I don't know. I hope he tells me what is bothering him. I would really want to be here for him because he has always been there for me.

*****************************************

You guessed it right, I woke up late. And on my first day too. I would have gotten there earlier if it wasn't for the traffic. I might as well put all the ideas of this going well aside. I can't believe I already messed up even before I began. But i'm already here so I might as well give it a try.

You know that part where Mr. Kamari said that I'm going to be working in a family home? Well he framed it wrong. This is a freaking castle! You heard me right, a castle.
Was I going to work for royalty?I certainly hope not because I know how clumsy I can get and I don't want to make a fool out of myself. As if I haven't already done that in all the jobs I had.

I was picked up at the gate by a man after I told him I was here for the job. The guy didn't even let me finish talking he just asked me to follow him. I didn't have a choice cause you know...I need the job hehe.

That was 15 minutes ago and we are still walking. So far we've passed a garden which had bushes that were perfectly sculptured into swans, beautiful fountains, very straight hedges that led to a central place and I'm not sure but I think I saw llamas at a distant. But then again I have very poor eyesight so it could have been something else.

After what seemed like hours we finally arrived at the entrance of the castle. Two strong,wooden doors that were curved at the top sealed it shut and when the man finally opened them I couldn't help but be amazed.

It seemed a lot bigger while you were inside. The first thing I noticed was the grand fleet of stairs at the middle of the castle. It had a red carpet that descended all the way to the door.

"You may wait here."he finally spoke and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uh sure." I said and he walked towards one of the many rooms and just like that he was gone. I saw a leather couch at a far corner and decided it wouldn't hurt to take a seat. Besides i'm exhausted, I didn't get much sleep last night.

As I walked towards the couch my footsteps echoed all around. I was wearing flats and they made a click sound on the marble floor. Every step I took seemed to become louder and louder. I finally sat down and I gotta say it was pretty comfortable. I don't know how it happened but my eyes got heavy and I was out.

****************************************
Wayne's POV

"Is this her?" I ask Moris and he quickly nods. I can't believe the audacity. Sleeping. On the job. On my couch. In my home. This one certainly doesn't know her place. I see her slowly turn her head still dead asleep using her bag as a pillow. This angers me even more and I clench my fist.

" I'm so sorry Sir, I'll wake her up immediately." He begins to walk but I stop him before letting out a smirk.

"No...I have the perfect way to wake her up."

*****************************************
Holla!

Looks like Terry's in trouble😅
Lemme know wat u think about this chapter.