57

minho walked back to his dorm practically skipping

minho walked back to his dorm practically skipping. yes, he had walked to sohee's dorm. walked. all the way from SBS. to sohees dorm and now back to his own. by himself. no manager, no car, no bodyguard. minho alone. yet despite this, he didn't care. even after performing his heart out for his final levanter promotion, he didn't feel tired at all during his walk.

was it dangerous and risky to be walking out so late alone? probably, but did he care? not really. considering it was now new year's day, the streets were fairly awake for this hour. families were walking together, couples strolling the streets happily and friends were sharing laughs as they passed by. he blended in effortlessly, covering himself with only his mask and the hood of his jacket.

during his 40 min walk home at 1am, he couldn't think about anything besides her. tonight he got his feelings across and heard hers, it didn't even matter to him that the outcome of tonight didn't end with them officially back together. they'd kissed and confessed they still loved each other, that was more than enough for minho at the moment.

he rounded the familiar corner of his neighbourhood. the chills of the night finally settling into him as he grew tired suddenly, the exhaustion from the recent events finally catching up with him. he entered his building and greeting the front desk managers, apologizing as he yawned in front of them.

minho kept his hands in his pockets, making his way into the elevator and pressing the number to his floor. he watched as the number changed on the screen as the elevator ascended, patiently waiting to reach his floor. once there he walked out, slouching more and yawning again.

moving in the direction of his door, minhos mind stayed occupied with sohee. wondering about what she was doing right now. is she comfortably sleeping in bed? maybe she's talking with nagyung? or all of staryu? he smiled to himself, recalling the dazed expression she held just before they parted ways.

he was so horrendously down bad. felt like a silly little teenager experiencing love for the first time again. he shook his head lightly with a smile on his face, trying to calm himself down. punching the code to the dorm in, he raised his gaze and immediately felt his soul leave his body.

chan stood directly in front of him with his arms crossed and eyebrows raised. it was then and there that minho had realized that he hadn't told anyone where he had gone nor when he'd be back. from behind chan, minho could see the rest of his members peeking around the corner. likely trying to get front row seats to his scolding.

"where did you go?" chans voice was eerily calm, it sent a cold shiver down minhos spine. the former titled his head as he awaited a response, making minho gulp as he began slowly taking his shoes off, too scared to break the eye contact chan held. "well?"

"er- sorry, I was at staryu's place... there was something I needed to- do?" his response came out more like a question rather than an answer. hyunjins snicker could be heard from behind chan, making the latter snap his head backwards fast to make him keep quiet.