𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐩 ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

-saturday, july 22nd

-irl + social media (snapchat)

-warnings: soft drug usage + drinking & strong language

-enjoy chapter 1<3

𝟗.𝟑𝟎 𝐚𝐦 𝐲/𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕;

''Morning..'' I mumbled awkwardly to my boss, that straight up ignores me and walks outside carrying a crate full of empty beer bottles.

Pff asshole. I walk to the back of the bar and see Paige sitting on the floor with her back against the wall swiping on Instagram. 

''Sup'' she said in a relaxed tone. 

''Nothing much but god I'm exhausted.'' I sit next to her and look at her phone zoned out. 

A few minutes pass and i finally hear the most annoying voice on this planet say: 

''Get back to work, the customers wont serve themselves.'' 

I look at him in an irritated way ''Vickey theres nobody here, its 10am. Nobody drinks at 10am.''

''My uncle does!'' Paige says winking at me. 

''Thats because he's a raging alcoholic.'' 

Sometimes i love my boss, i mostly despise him though.

After about 2 hours the customers start coming in, well.. mostly the lunatics since it's still technically morning. The day goes by like every other day, i serve, Paige serves, i get paid the bare minimum and end up sitting at the bar alone at about 1am wondering how i ended up here. Jesus I'm a 24 year old woman and i work at the local pub.

I stare at my phone screen hoping someone will text, my ex seriously took away my self respect man. I stare at the  ''𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝟕𝐡'' I toss my phone on the bar pissed off and pour myself a glass of white wine.

''Who hurt you'' Paige chuckles. She walks out of the stockroom and sits next to me, taking a sip of my wine. ''Have you eaten yet?'' She asks me.

''No'' i chuckle. ''You?'' I look at her eyeliner and cant stop noticing how perfect its lined.

''Me neither.'' She says unmotivated. ''We honestly shouldn't be drinking on an empty stomach but fuck it man.'' She takes another sip. I chuckle.

Theres a moment of silence until Paige breaks it ''Wanna get some food? Theres a bunch of friends of mine having a small get together and they ordered Pizza, like A LOT of pizza''

I laugh '' enough for us?'' 

She flips her hair ''Oh baby MORE than enough!'' To be honest i just felt like going home since i looked like a total mess but its hard to say no to Paige. 

''Sure why not.'' She smiles and runs to the stockroom to grab her leather jacket and handbag.

We sit in the bus and I look at all the lights outside from the window. I lean my head on the window to get a better view and suddenly forget all of my problems, for a second I feel happy, like a baby or something innocent, I don't know how to explain it. But then i hear Paige say ''Hey sleepyhead this is our stop.'' She pushes my arm and i chuckle. The feeling is gone.

We step out of the bus and i notice we're in a pretty rich area. I see a bunch of identical houses facing each other, like an American neighbourhood movie. They're all white with glass sliding doors into the front yard. We walk on the grass for about 2 minutes and arrive at the 10th house on the right side. I can smell smoke coming from the house and hear a bunch of people laughing. Paige knocks on the door, when theres no answer she knocks a 2nd time very loudly. Still no answer.