Lily's story

"Don't go far!" That was the answer Lily got when she asked her dad if she could go explore in the woods.
She wandered into the woods alone.
"What a great day for a camp "She thought.
Night fell quickly. "God," She thought as she checked her watch," It's only six and it's already darkening ."
She kept on wandering for five minutes and came to a rock. It glittered in the moonlight. Lily studied it carefully. It didn't look out of place or anything, but something urged her to pick it up.
"Pick me up," She heard a faint whisper say" You know you want to, pick me up." It repeated the line over and over again.
Lily was curious. Her hand moved towards the rock. The tip of her finger touched the smooth surface of the rock.
As soon as her finger touched it, there was a vision."Ahh!" She screamed, startled. Even though she the vision only lasted for half a second, she made out the colour red.
"Was It the rock that made me see that vision?" She thought, she checked her watch again. The watch read six minutes after six p.m.."I should go back to the camp."She thought. Her hand unconsciously moved towards the rock. The vision appeared in her mind again.
Blood. Everywhere. A shadowy figure dressed in black. The eyes looked terrifying due to the glowing red in it.
She surfaced back to the real world, gasping for air. She dropped the rock and got up, ready to run back to the camp.
But something was wrong, very, very wrong.
The sky. The darkness of it. The bloody red moon that hung in the middle of the sky.
"Dad! Dad help!" She screamed with all her might. Silence replied her. "Why isn't he replying? He's not deaf, I didn't go that far, why isn't he replying?" She started to panic, when all of a sudden, a possibility popped up in her head," Unless...unless he isn't here!" She looked around and instantly thought of a multiverse. "So if this is a multiverse, then that means I traveled to another universe though this rock!" She figured that it was probably the rock that brought her to who-knows where.
She picked up the rock again, but nothing happened. "Maybe I have to make a wish," She thought ," Like a genie bottle."
She rubbed the rock and said out loud,"I wish to be back home with my dad!"
Nothing happened. She said it again,"I said, I wish to be back home with my dad!" The icy wind blowed at her face as if saying" You will never go back." Angered, she threw the rock at a tree that was unfortunate enough to get thrown a rock at.
"Maybe it's a natural phenomenon," She thought," Maybe it's the same universe and I just went to far into the woods." She decided to run in the direction of the camp.
Minutes passed. As Lily ran, she could hear footsteps behind her. They got louder and louder. "I'm dead!" She thought," I'll be mashed into meat and drank as soup!"
At some point, the footsteps stopped. Lily looked back in confusion. She thought the source of the footsteps were going to eat her. Still, she continued running. About half an hour later, or at least she thought it was half an hour(she didn't check her watch), she reached the camp site. Plain green grass greeted her. No tent, no bonfire and most importantly, no dad!
"Dad?" She said to thin air"Daaaaaaaaaad!" Nothing. Footsteps and muttering came from somewhere in the woods.
To calm down, she decided to use this tactic she learnt while reading Hunger Games.
In the story Katness was hurt so she instructed herself to do things she needs to do.
"Your name is Liliana, eight years old. You are at a camp. You touched a rock and now you can't go back." She said to herself. The pep talk was not working. And to make it worse, the footsteps were getting louder.
Lily ran through the woods and heard someone or something say ,"Hello Lily, can't believe we'd see each other here."
Lily was petrified by now. The voice continued speaking ," It's such a shame to end you here." Her eyes widened. "Don't you dare make a sound." She told herself.
"I smell you!" The voice said. Lily thought it sounded familiar and forced herself to think." Where have I heard that voice, where?" She looked through her memories but found nothing.
She looked around her and saw a shadowy figure. There was a tree close to her so she decided to hide behind it. She softly walked towards the tree, careful not to make sounds, but it was too late. Snap! Horrified, Lily looked down to see a broken tree branch under her shoes. Her head snapped up and saw the shadowy figure staring at her." There you are." The figure said.
Lily quickly fled the scene. The figure chased her and was getting closer and closer. Lily looked back and saw the figure running behind her. That was when she tripped.
She fell on the ground but quickly got up and started running. She felt her knee hurting. She looked down and saw blood on her knee and was terrified. But that didn't keep her from running for her life. She ran and ran and ran. Until she saw a set of trees blocking the other side is the forest. She looked back and saw the figure close up.
She slowly backed away." We can talk this out, right?" Her shaking voice said as she got closer to the trees. Thud. Her back hit the trees. There was nowhere to go.
"I've been waiting for this moment ever since your mother died." Said the shadowy figure," Now, let's make my fantasy become reality." The figure tilted its head. Lily scanned the figure for a clue to who or what he is. As she looked at its hands, she saw a dagger. It was black and the blade was stained with blood.
Lily thought about how to escape. She ran forward and pushed the figure on its shoulders. After that, she attempted to run , but her hand was grabbed by an icy one.
"Don't be afraid,"It said," Your mother is waiting for you in hell."
Lily opened her mouth to scream but didn't have the voice to.
Something suddenly hit the back of her head. Hard.
Lily fell to the ground. "Goodnight, Liliana." It said as it raised Its dagger.
At this moment, the wheels in Lilly's head started moving."No one knows my full name is Liliana since mother died." She thought to herself," Except...him."
Lily asked a question at the last second," Are you-"
The unfinished question became her last words.