36. THE ANGUISH

"The greatest test of courage
on Earth is to bear
defeat without losing
heart."

*******************

Drake

Why does it happens to only us all the time? Why everytime we take one step forward with our mate, only to get pushed two step back? I was still figuring, how we got into this mess, when a maid informed us that our mate left the mansion without us. Like, wtf? I know we're responsible for pushing her away by keeping this news, but we had no intention of lying to her. We just needed a day or two. After she left this room few hours back, and avoided us like hell, my brothers and me decided to come clean to her no matter what. I just was afraid, the news will give her more pain, then us blocking her out. But,we can't deal with an angry mate, when we need her the most at this point.

Pure blood, Royal dragons were rare and mostly fierce warriors. We are stronger and live longer comparable to other species in this world. But there was a time, our race was dying during wars, leaving only few of the pure bloods behind. Afraid to get extinct and to save the remaining of our race from disappearing, our forefathers had decided to preserve our semens. In case we die without baring a heir, our semens were used on fertile pure breed female dragons to carry forward our legacy. Once we find our mate, chosen or fated and she conceives, we destroy those semens. This is a ritual, all potent dragon males in our family followed every 5 years, once they turn 100.

Few hours back...

Before we started for our journey, we brothers decided that, its time we destroy those preserved semens as we have finally found our mate and we won't be needing the preservation anymore, but not in millions years we expected that our semens has been misplaced. Which pushed us all into a panic mode. We were scared to death, because this news could bring disaster. Reason, someone was trying our DNA to create an pure blood army, that they can use against us or worse. Someone is trying to blackmail us with our childern to claim us. Either way, we're royally screwed.

We anxiciously waited for the call, after Tiara retired to her bed. In the middle of the night, finally we received the call, with the dread news, from the facility. The incharge, Dr. Brian who is our trusted and very loyal medical specialist, and kept us updated of any and every little detail from time to time, blabbered in panick. "My lord. I don't know, if it's a good news or bad news." He said, making me shiver in fear. "Just spit it out already Brian!" I have a very bad feeling about this. "My lord...I think, the females that your parents short listed for breeding in future, had somehow conceived and carried...also the eggs have hatched, I'm afraid."

I don't know, how to take this news? "Just confirm and be 100 percent sure if they carry our DNA and report to me as soon as possible. If we're not reachable for some reason, try calling the Warewolf king Jonathan's number. We would be staying there for two days. Be very very sure, before calling me." I said, disconnecting the call. "What happened? What did he say?" Asked Brenton. I paced the floor. "First of all, just block the mind link with Tiara for a while. I don't want her be worried, untill we get this fixed." I said, immediately blocking my link to her. "Would you fucking spill the bean already? " asked Kaiden, making me stop pacing.

"Our semens...the females...they have already given birth and the doc doubts, they are ours." I said, breaking the news. "Fuck!" "Shit!" "Holy shit!" They all cured in unison. "We're so screwed guys, we're so screwed." Said, Kenneth shaking his legs, with a petrified look on his face. "I don't fucking know, why this matter didn't click to us earlier? Why that bastard doctor didn't feel like informing us about it?" Spat Blaze, looking furious. "How are we going to reveal this news to Tiara? Fuck! She's going to flip." Said Kenneth, fisting his hair. "Don't I know that already? But there are still chances that they are not ours. As Brian said, the Semen misplaced."