Chapter 19- Don't Go

Please don't go
I can't be alone.

"What's wrong?" I ask Jason as I look straight into his eyes daring him to lie to me. I hear his heartbeat quicken as he looks into my eyes as well. "I-" he started but paused. "I'm not feeling so good".

I look him over in suspicion, there was a lot more he wasn't telling me but I didn't really expect him to. "Maybe you can go see the pack doctors or something", I tell him but he shakes his head. He seems to contemplate for a moment before muttering, "magic".

"Magic?" I ask curiously as I finally get off him. He sits up and still looks deep in thought. "I think I was cursed".

Cursed? I just look at him in shock. I guess it explains why he was acting the way he was. Why would anyone even curse him? And who would curse him?

"We'll talk to Anna", I say as I get up from the ground and dust myself off the best I can before reaching out my hand to help me up. He looks at my hand and chuckles, "you think you can pull me up?" He asked me with an amused look. With the size difference between us, I doubt. "No, but I'm trying to look nice". He shakes his head amused but grabs my hand anyway. He gets up on his own though he still holds my hand. We both know that if I tried to pull him up, I probably would have fallen over.

"Before we see Anna, you need to have some fun", I tell him as I pull his hand a bit. "You aren't feeling it right now are you?" I ask him. He shakes his head, no and starts to follow me.

We walk back to the bonfire and neither of us say a word. The silence wasn't heavy or tense like I had expected it to be. It was just silence.

"I'll make you some edible s'mores this time", I say as I drag him towards the fire pit. He actually laughs and shakes his head amused. I can't help but think just how good his laughter sounds. I wish he could laugh more when he was with me.

I grab a marshmallow and put it on a stick and he does the same. Pack members are also sitting around the fire watching us as if trying to figure out who the girl with their alpha was. I wasn't worried, it's not like they can find out what I am or at least I hope not.

I put my stick over the fire at the same time with Jason. I have little to no idea on how to roast this things so fingers crossed that this one doesn't turn out worse than the first one.

I suddenly feel Jason put his hand over mine as he lifts the stick up slightly from getting to close to the fire. "If you hold it that way, it's gonna burn". I feel tingles busy through my body and my cheeks heat up. I don't know whether it's because I'm embarrassed that I can't roast a simple marshmallow or because his hands were actually over mine.

His hands were warm and rough. His hold was pretty gentle. I almost wish he could hold my hand like that all the time but then again that's just me delusional or just the stupid mate bond.

I look up at him but his eyes are focused on the fire and the marshmallow that stood over it. The fire reflected in his blue eyes making it look even prettier.

"Keep looking at me that way. It isn't creepy at all", his words dripped with sarcasm as he finally look down to meet my gaze. I immediately turned my head to the side to hide my already flaming cheeks, though he may not see it since it's already dark.

He chuckles before pulling out the marshmallow and using it to make a s'more before handing it over to me. "I'm supposed to be the one making it for you", I argue but still take a bite of the snack which it tastes heavenly.

"Yeah but that will mean I'll get poisoned for the second time today", he retorted. "I gave it to your wolf not you".

"Same body", he points out and I laugh. There was a bit of silence again. Jason watched the fire lost in thought and I wondered whether or not to ask the question I've been waiting to.