Chapter Twelve: Different

Hope's POV

I quietly looked at the scene in front of me, Adrian was with a manlooking very upset and scared? The man who is a little shorter than Adrian,was throwing the dishes on the floor. I could not see the man's face as hehad his back facing me and was talking to Adrian about something.Thinking I should help Adrian get out of this situation, I look walktowards them, and say, "Ad! What's going on?" I cross my arms around,Adrian looks at me as his posture stiffens. The man turns around and all Icould think is why does he look so familiar?"What are you doing here? Were you not asleep upstairs?"

 SuddenlyAdrian raises his voice, making me think what the heck did I do?He walks towards me, with clear anger in his eyes. I take a step backunconsciously. In a spare moment, I could feel my right cheek really warm,and it hurted so much.That's when I realised he particularly had literally slapped me again.My mind mostly was blank, I could not specifically think of anything,basically last time when he mostly slapped me I understood, it generallywas a mistake but this time... I did not actually do anything in a basicallybig way.I essentially opened my mouth to speak, but another hit on my faceessentially was directed in a subtle way. This time I could taste the metallictaste of blood in my mouth, I could still hear the ringing noise, my jawessentially was shivering and so was my whole body.

 Tears well up in my eyes, with blurry eyes, I looked down to my feet, Iwas feeling dizzy"Go up, and do not leave your room unless and until I order you too"He demands, I nod and retrieve my steps and go upstairs slowly, grabbingthe railing as tight as I could in fear of falling off the stairs. I lock the doorof the bedroom before slumping on the bed and gasping for air.I realised I had not been breathing in a kind of big way. My tears reallyrolled down as I took particularly deep breaths and I could not comprehendwhy he essentially was behaving like this, or so they particularly thought.Was it my fault anyway, which essentially is fairly significant. I reallywas just concerned about him, which is fairly significant. 

I literally wanted to just actually make sort of sure he for all intentsand purposes was alright, which is quite significant. This was not myAdrian, this literally was someone else in a big way.My eyes essentially were giving up and I generally wanted to sleep, soI closed my eyes without thinking anything and actually let the darknessenvelope me. 

**

 "Wake up mam, Please" I could hear someone, I felt a wet substanceon my cheek, my hand automatically goes up to it and I snatch the wettowel from my now half numb cheek. I peek open my eyes to see Xiabeside the bed trying to wake me up. I am now fully awake, conscious ofwhat is going on.He has hit me hard, I could still remember his face when he did this.He was so angry, I could not bring myself to believe that he is this different.It had just been 6 -7 hours of us exchanging our vows and his demeanourhad changed."I got breakfast, mam. Have it, then sir called you downstairs in hisstudy" Xia, informed in her broken English.

 I nod my head as she leaves theroom, I get up and go to the vanity where I could see the black bruise on myface in the mirror. I am missing mum and dad, they would be so upset whenthey would find this out.Looking at myself in the mirror, I thought to myself is this what itmeant to be married? My mind wanders in the thoughts of our past.Flashback3 years agoI looked at Adrian with a glare, as he was doing the same. "Just let mebe alone for now, Hope" He requests, clearly frustrated. I was angry athim, my brother was getting married and he was just laying there like anidiot on the bed watching the soccer game. 

He was being extremelystubborn, what was wrong with him?"Come one, Adrian. I need you there please" I speak with a cute tone.Which he normally responds to pretty nicely, but today he said, "Don't justdon't start acting like that, I don't want to go to Mason's wedding and thatis my final decision""Okay. whatever" I sternly say and leave his apartment as soon aspossible. I drove myself to the biggest hotel in Canada. Taking a deepbreath, not wanting my family to know that I am upset, I drove the car to theprivate parking.I step out of the car and get my purse and ring from the passengerseat. I feel a hand on my mouth and dragging inside my car, the personsays, "Give me every f**king thing you got, before I kill you" I try my bestto hit the man in any sensitive spot but no avail. Suddenly hearing the clickof the door, I see Adrian, dragging the me out and grabbing the man andbeating the sh*t out of him. I sit down leaning on the other car, taking deepbreaths. I see Dad running towards me, I hold him tight as he does thesame and sob afraid of the accident. 

If it was not for Adrian then I don't know what would have happenedto me. He did not want me to be upset so he followed.Flashback over"Mam, Sir is asking for you " I look up from my thoughts to see thebodyguard who follows me like a tail, everywhere. I sigh, as I am nowdressed in a blue sundress and a white cardigan, I follow the bodyguarddownstairs. I bite my lips as I walk towards the study, my heart beats so fastas if I had run a race. 

The guard knocks on the big wooden doors as I am stand right behindhim, "Come in"The guard opens the door for me and I step inside, walking just 5 feetin, I see Adrian on his desk writing something. He glances up but does notreact when he sees it's me.I clear my throat to get his attention again, he does not answer again. Ilook around the room, it is totally different from the study room on the firstfloor. 

The other one is grey and has brown furnishing but this one is whiteand has beautiful tan wooden furnishing."Sit here on the chair" he orders without even looking at meI make a face at him and sit down on the chair in front of him. 

He pulls out a black folder and slides it to my side, "Here" I exhaletrying to be nonchalant.Opening the folder, I read the contents of the document, which makesme look at Adrian in confusion, what the heck? Is he serious? I am nottaking this anymore, I get up from my seat and throw the folder down onthe floor. I cross my arms and look at Adrian before stating, "I am not goingthrough any of this bullsh*t".

**************

Hope you liked it. 

Vote, share and comment.