sweet nothing

one shot: conrad comes home after a long day at work :)

Conrad and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last week, Being with him was like a dream, every day, floating on clouds. 

He had been working a lot of overtime, and he's been promoted which is amazing but it means he has way more clients to look after, I love him for doing this, being a doctor. I try to avoid the kitchen as much as possible but the last month I've had to have dinner ready once he got home, to Cousins, we lived at the beach house, it was the middle of winter so it got really cold and the house was big so the heating had to be on for at least half an hour before one of us got home, luckily, I got off earlier than Conrad, being a Volleyball coach means flexible hours which I like. 

I heard the key rattle in the door, dinner wasn't even close to being ready, I had just seasoned the steak and put the vegetables in the oven. He had a big meeting today, not much work, he walked into the kitchen, he had a white button up on and navy blue suit pants, paired with brownish dress shoes, he walked into the kitchen and threw the keys on a shelf, I was hidden behind a cupboard door because I was getting a pan, when I heard him come in I bobbed up, I was still in my work clothes, I was wearing black leggings, a navy blue hoodie that read 'Cousins Strikers est: 1999' and a black vest over the top, my hair in a pony tale, "Hi" I said putting the pan on top of the stove and smiling, he walked over and stood on the side of me, putting one hand on my waist and kissing me sideways, when he pulled away he looked in my eyes, my head was tilted up, "Hi" he said back, with a small smile, he walked on the other side of the counter "Your cooking steak?" he said "Trying to" I said, "We had left over seasoning from thanksgiving so I thought I'd use it" he nodded and sat down at the bench, "How was your day?" he asked, my back was turned to him, I was focused on trying to cook this steak properly, I poured the oil on the pan "It was good!" I laid both pieces of meat on the pan and then turned around to face him, grabbing a piece of paper towel, wiping my hands on it and then leaning on the counter I said "The girls are actually going really well, even though we aren't competing right now I think they'll be really awesome in the pre season" he was looking into my eyes the whole time I spoke, that's another thing I loved about him, he really listened, "How was your day" I said to him, regaining my focus, "Before you ask me about my day do you want to try not to burn the steak?" he said "Shit" I said, running over to the pan and flipping the steak, I sighed with relif when I saw it wasn't burnt, "I still don't think your cut out for this whole wife thing" he said laughing "Hey!" I said turning around , he started to walk around to me and I turned back to the stove, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and started kissing the side of my neck "Just kidding" he said, his words where muffled by his lips on my skin, I let out a small chuckle, "So really how was your day" I said again, he let go of me and leaned next to the stove watching me cook, "It was good" he said scratching the back on his neck "The meeting went pretty much all day" "Oh yeah?" I questioned "Yeah, John is thinking about changing the system, I don't see the point but I guess we'll need an update sooner on later so..." John was Conrads boss, he didn't like him very much but he loved his job so he didn't care, "Do you need help?" he said, I looked at him leaning on his side on the counter, he really knew how to get to me, I smiled and looked back at the food "No I'm good, go shower" "You sure?" I looked at him again and nodded "Yeah" "Ok" he held the back of my neck and kissed me once "Don't burn the house down while I'm up there please" "I'll try" I said, I kissed him again, he started walking away, I heard his footstep start to go up the stairs, they stopped for a beat, "Feel free to join me!" he called out, I let out a giggle "You wish!" I called back, I heard him laugh too and then his footsteps continued, this is what I loved just me and Conrad, our life together was everything I could have every wished for.