Black; v3

Narrators POV;
-------- May, 10th, 1991.
(TW: metion of suicide)

VALERIE HAD BEEN IN SEATTLE FOR a couple of days now.

She wasn't hating it or anything. It was just a change that she wasn't sure she liked or not.

Eddie swore he'd help her go job hunting, but he was busy at the studio finishing mixing an album.

And today was none like the others.

"Hey val," Eddie came into Valerie's room.

"Yes?" She asked, looking behind her.

"I can't go help you find a job today, Mike js making us redo the mix's again!" Eddie rubbing his head, "I'll go another day."

"Okay, that's fine," Valerie sighed.

"Sorry," Eddie patted her back, walking out of her room.

Valerie hated being bored. Back home, she always had a job lined up to keep her busy, but now, in Seattle, she had close to nothing to do.

She already knew Eddie had left since she had heard the door shut, so she was left alone.

She decided just to go through her bestfriends old things.

Both Rose's and elizas' things were split, both there parts gave her multiple things.

They kept the cars, family picture, alums, and things they wanted, but they gifted some clothes, posters, and jewlery.

She had bins full of their clothes, labeled with their names and everything.

She grabbed roses bin first. It had sat the longest since Rose had died a month prior.

She opened the bin, only to be met with roses signature smell.

Her breath hitched, and she had never smelt roses smell in so long.

She digged through the clothes, and every piece had a memory to them, and it made Valerie die a little inside every time she saw it.

She soon was met with tears as she grabbed elizas bin, and she was met with the same smell.

She knew elizas was purposeful, but she didn't find a note.

She cried as she pulled clothes in and out, sobbing at the loss of her best friends.

She heard a piece of paper in the jacket she always took from eliza, feeling around till she found the paper.

She knew what it was. She was just scared to read it.

-
'I'm sorry, Val.'

'The only thing that kept me with you was you. I can't sleep knowing what Rose looked like dead.

I know I said I was done, but it's the only thing that gives me life, I love you so much, I know you'll find this, but everything has gone black.

I hope you don't find me, I'm sorry to parents and brother too. I'm sorry.

I will forever watch over you with rose, please find the one for you. Please don't stay stuck on me, I'll be with you forever.

For the years and years we've been friends, I have always loved you. You've been the one thing that I've looked forward to this past month, I thank you for that.

Please have a good life, live a little, and stay away from people like me.

I love you, so fucking much. - Eliza.
Aka, e team.
-

Valerie sobbed, putting the paper in the picture frame of Rose, Eliza, and her.

She sat beside the bins, holding the frame of her and her best friends.

Wondering why it was them, why they had to be picked.

She cried quietly, only until she heard the front door being opened.

"Eddie?" A man's voice called.

She stiffed up her tears, wiping them away. She got up, setting the picture frame on her bed, and quietly opened the door.

She walked out to the living room, wiping her face from any tears she had.

"Who's here?"

She was met with Chris, who was confused about where Eddie was.

"Oh, hey val," Chris smiled.

"Eddie isn't here," she quietly said.

Chris noticed her puffy eyes and the breaks in her voice. He immediately shot with worry.

"Did you and him get into a fight?"

She shook her head, "he's just at the studio."

"Did he not tell you I was coming by?"

"No."

He nodded, "can I hang out with you?"

Valerie thought about it for a second. She really needed a distraction from everything.

"I guess, just come to my room," she gave a light smile.

He followed her to her room, and she quickly put the lids onto the bins she was going through.

"Whats that?"

"Oh just uh," she stopped as she put them back in her closet, "just my friends clothes."

Chris nodded as he stood awkwardly in her room, not knowing where to sit.

She must have noticed, since she pointed to the bed, "You can sit on my bed."

Chris nodded, sitting against her pillows.

"Aren't these the best friends?" He asked, picking up the frame.

"Yea," she nodded, sitting in front of him.

"Tell me about them," he asked.

She breathed in, pacing herself from crying, "Okay."

"You see the one with dark black, curly hair," she pointed at Eliza.

"Yea?"

"She was really confident, like, she'd carry herself very confidently, and she had a spark to her, almost like a sas and cockyines mix," she smiled.

"She was really sweet once you got to know her, she kinda was adventurous to, she put people in their place to."

"And for Rose," Valerie pointed to the dark, dirty blonde hair, "she was really sweet, almost like a book worm, she had tones."

"Is that where you get the books from?" Chris asked.

"Yea! Anytime she finished reading one, she'd give them to me or her older sister," Valerie smiled.

"She liked surfing too. we'd always go together when we got bored, and eliza would just watch. She liked taking photos to, it was her favorite thing."

"They sound great."

"They were."

"Miss them?"

Valerie missed them more than ever, but she knew they were gone forever.

"I really do."

"Their only a state away!" Chris laughed, making Valerie laugh.

"Yea! True."

Only if he knew.

----
Chris and Val content??