Acknowledgements & Disclaimers

Hello everyone, and welcome to ✨the fic!✨

How to Make a Villain follows the journey of Beauxbatons transfer student Aurélie Collins, who comes to Hogwarts to complete her seventh year after a tragic event in France leaves her orphaned.

The story loosely follows the plot of the game post-fifth year events, but I kinda went HAM on the storyline and left a lot out, added a lot in and invented a whole lotta backstory. Some of it might not be entirely lore-accurate but, y'know - I tried.

Fair warning: this fic is a slooow burn. So if you're - ahem - in the mood for something spicy, this ain't it. However, if you're looking for characters who slowly fall in love while overcoming their personal traumas, I got you.

Though I don't think the story is particularly dark (for now), it does deal with mature themes including family trauma, parental loss and how grief can fundamentally change the course of a person's entire life, so if you're not in the right headspace for that, best give it a miss (also ps I love you, you're not alone).

The story is told mainly through Aurélie's perspective, but I do jump into Sebastian's POV every 2-3 chapters.

FYI: the English way of pronouncing Aurélie is Aura-lee, and you can hear the French pronounciation by searching for 'Aurélie French pronounciation' on YouTube.

ENJOY, LOVE YOU LOTS x
AC

Ps: follow me on tumblr for more writing and lots of piccies of my bebes @morelikeravenbore

COVER ART BY GISELSANN <3