Chapter 8: A Familiar Face

After a few hours of walking, the squad finally made it to the village. Tanjiro then picked up a scent of blood and flesh. he has gotten uncomfortable that he can smell demons too in this village. The squad kept their guard up after seeing Tanjiro put his hand on his mouth and prepared themselves for the worst. After marching in, They found lot of corpses laying lifelessly on the floor missing their head. It was the demon slayers who were killed. nearby... were demons who were really hungry devouring these lifeless bodies and continued to consume them.  The squad felt disgusted and were ready to slay some demons.

"Let take them out first so we can investigate further with no interuptions." the squads immediately scattered to explore each area of the village to get rid of demons who reside there. some even took it as a competition on who can slay more demons. thats Inosuke for you. Some demons were stronger. they must've have consumed a lot of corpses in this village. As the squads continued to clear the area, Kanao the flower breather fought very well. Genya continued to shoot off demons as a way to stun them so he can cut off their heads very easily. Inosuke, as usual. laughs maniacly while killing off demons. Zenitsu was pretty frightened so he stood back and watch. Nezuko is still inside the box resting to regain more of her strength while Tanjiro continues to slay demons. Finally.. after a long demon hunting spree. They finally killed all the demons. Suprisingly Giyuu managed to kill most of the demons because of how quick and strong he is. this is the level of a hashira of course. Humans with superhuman strength. Inosuke continued to yell at Giyuu wanting him to fight.

After settling down, Tanjiro now started to focus on trying to pick up a scent while the rest looked for clues. Giyuu remained vigilant and watch over the squad in case a demon aproaches. Tanjiro then went next lifeless corpses of decapitated demon slayers. a few of them were munched by the demons who were slayed earlier. Tanjiro then picked up a scent, it was a familiar scent. the same scent from the village that been destroyed a few days ago. and of course. He picked up the scent of a demon as well. Tanjiro can now recognize the demon's scent since it the same as before. He went back to inform the others what he discovered.

As everyone gathered. Tanjiro informed everyone that the demon who attacked Muichiro was here in this village. with another demon too. "But.. that small demon the slayer has described to us.. was Muichiro." everyone was in shock hearing what Tanjiro has said. especially Giyuu. Most demons wants to eliminate the hashiras or any slayers. but.. Muichiro was turned into one instead.? Giyuu has so many questions flooded in his head. The squad understood that Muichiro is alive but not as a human anymore.

They decided to bury the poor villagers who died and make their leave. until suddenly Zenitsu heard strange things that others could not. Zenitsu has a very good hearing that he can hear things even how quiet they are that others couldn't. The squad then followed Zenitsu while he is leading them to the noises hes been hearing. along the way Tanjiro picked up now a scent of a demon. the noises that Zenitsu been hearing were from a demon! after reaching the side of the village they found someone standing there. It was a familiar figure... standing next to the decapitated body. This shook Giyuu and stopped everyone. The demon then turned around and faced the squad.

"Muichiro..?" Genya was really shocked to see his friend alive but.. he became a demon. The others too were shocked to see Muichiro. He was a really good friend to them but now they have to kill him.. Muichiro felt a little weird wondering why does he feel like he met them before. especially Genya and Tanjiro. His memories were too fuzzy. But it didn't stop him from preparing to attack. They were demon slayers and he knew what they were here for. to kill him.

Muichiro is just staring at the slayers not letting his guard down. He focused on Tanjiro. the boy with hanafuda earrings  that Muzan wanted to be killed right away. He remained silent and stared at the slayers waiting for them to strike. He realized a hashira is with them too. He slowly started letting out a gust of mist around the village making it hard to see. Muichiro walked behind and vanished. but Tanjiro can still smell him and Zenitsu can hear him. they will try to alert their squad that Muichiro could try to sneak in and ambush and to carefully not let their focus down.