Opening

My life dramatically changed the day that I decided to move in with Tegan Ray. She had rented a two bedroom apartment, that had been previously shared with her boyfriend. From what I heard they had broken up a few months prior, but she needed a roommate now.

All of my friends had tried to convince me to not move in with Tegan. They said that she was a bad influence, that she would take away my 'innocence'. They put out a bunch of reasons why I should live with her, one even said that she would make me a lesbian! But I pointed out that your sexuality didn't change, and I knew that I was straight. Even with all of these things being said about me moving in with Tegan, none of my 'friends' asked if I wanted to move in with them. They didn't all have roommates, and I could have lives fine with Alissa or Madeline, but none of them mentioned it, so I didn't say a thing.

Besides those reasons, they couldn't think of anymore reasons of why moving in with Tegan wouldn't be okay. But, of course, no matter what they said, I was going to do what I needed to, and what I need to do was find a roommate. Tegan was the cheapest, and the room looked pretty big.

So here I was, standing in the hallway of the apartment building, right outside of Tegan's apartment, which would soon be ours.

In my hands was a box, next to my feet were boxes. All filled with random things and taped shut. I steadied the box in between my hip and my left hand, leaving my right hand open to knock.

I knocked once.

Twice.

"Hello?" I asked in the door.

I knocked another time.

No answer.

"Hello, Tegan Ray? I'm Shelby... Shelby Quentin? Your new roommate?"I knocked another time, even though it seemed hopeless, but this time it opened. On the other side was who I assumed to be Tegan.

I had only met her twice. Once when we were kids, and another time to discuss the room.

She was standing on the hardwood flooring of the apartment in a yellow towel, showing her many tattoos. Her hair was sitting on the top of her head in a messy bun, and her many piercings were still in. Maybe she was just getting ready to get in the shower.

"God, finally, you're here!" She shouted, moving into the apartment so I could come in with my boxes.

I took small steps, feeling a bit uncomfortable in the apartment, even though it was half mine.

My steps gradually became bigger, until was in the middle of what was the living room. "You are Tegan Ray, right?" I asked.

"Yes..." Tegan answered from the other room, as she came out fully dressed in t shirt and gym shorts. "You are Shelby Quentin...right? I'm not just letting some stranger in my house that's pretending to be my new roommate?" She joked.

I laughed, and covered my mouth. "Yeah, thats me!"

Tegan smiled, and went back to the door, she grabbed one of my boxes, and brought it into the living room. And of course, I grabbed the other box.

"I have a lot of other boxes that aren't even here, you know?" Now we were sitting down on the couch.

It was 8, already dark.

Tegan had helped me get my room straightened out with what I had, and we had gotten to know each other a bit.

"Oh, I know."

We both nodded, and eventually, I fell asleep, to the noise of the TV.

I don't understand why my friends didn't want me to move in with Tegan. She seems nice, and helpful! I don't understand why one of them didn't move in with her before I did.

Little did I know, that I was going to find out why they didn't want me to move here the very next day.

--

So this is only an opening part. The real chapters are much longer.

So, welcome to my story.

For now I'm going to keep this in teen fiction, because honestly I don't know where else to put it.

So, please tell me if this is good or not. I would love constructive criticism too.

Bye bye for now.