𝖆

"Please, Saiki, you have to do something! We can't just accept that m/n is gone again!" Kusuke shouted, grabbing his younger brother's collar to stop him from embracing the lifeless body on the ground.

Kusuo raised his left hand quickly and sent Kusuke flying, crashing into the nearby wall. Kusuke coughed up blood, feeling excruciating pain in his back. Just as he was about to get up, a pair of hands gripped his neck, lifting him slightly off the ground.

"He's not dead! He can't be dead! My m/n can never die!" Kusuo yelled in Kusuke's mind, slumped down while tears streaming down his face as he stared at the man's lifeless body behind him.

Kusuke struggled to breathe, his vision fading, but he managed to utter weakly, "You idiot! That's all your fault that your power is not enough to make him come back to me! to us!

"I know! I fucking know it!" Kusuo's voice wavered with grief and desperation. "I also don't want to keep seeing scenes where M/n dies in every universe, and do you know what I hate the most, Kusuke? I CAN'T SAVE HIM AT ALL WITH MY POWER!"

Kusuke fell silent, drowning in his thoughts upon hearing his younger brother's desperate shouts. He clutched his head, trying to think of a solution, any possibility to bring their beloved back again.

Kusuke sighed in frustration, there was nothing

nothing he could do when it came to fate

"M/n..." Kusuke touched the chest of the lifeless man, tears streaming down his face as he felt that his beloved's heartbeat was no longer there.

"Why? Why, Kusuke? Could you tell me why I can't save him? why only him?" Kusuo forcibly grabbed Kusuke's collar.

"Tell me why, why am I so fucking useless? Why can I save everyone else but not M/n? WHY? WHY WHY WHY??!!!"

As the reality of the situation sank in, Kusuo felt a deep pain in his heart. He had always relied on his psychic abilities to solve problems, but when it came to M/n's death, it seemed like there was nothing he could do to reverse what had happened.

Kusuke looked into his brother's tear-filled eyes and gently placed a hand on Kusuo's shoulder.

"Let's try again, Kusuo. This time let's turn back time. If it doesn't work too, let's keep doing it over and over until fate gives in and returns M/n to us"

Kusuo's grip on Kusuke's collar loosened slightly as he listened to his brother's words. "But my powers-"

"No one fucking cares about your power if you're trying to say that your powers have their limits, then I don't give a fuck. I just want M/n back, and I know you want that too! So, get your ass work and turn back time! even if it takes half of your lives!" Kusuke shouted, desperate, and once again knelt before the dead body.

Kusuo fell silent for a moment before breaking into a weird smile, a rare sight for him. "You're right. Let's see M/n again"

the first journey against fate, begins