Chapter 12

As if by reflex, he looked at his limbs and then ran to the bathroom to look at his face, since he couldn't find any injuries. It was nothing?

He looked at himself in the mirror a few more times. Not even a scratch or anything.

He slowly went back to his room. He thought. "Is that maybe still a dream?" he asked himself quietly. The door opened and Pepper entered. She had heard that he was awake. He jumped and looked at the door with wide eyes. When he saw her, he calmed down a bit.

"Is everything okay?" she asked cautiously. Loki pulled his legs up on the mattress and nodded slightly "yeah.. I'm fine.." "what happened? I heard you running." Loki said nothing and looked away. "Loki... please talk to me.. it-" "I don't even know what happened! -" Loki caught his tone and looked at her "t- I'm sorry..." "It's alright. No worrys.. and - I was in your room earlier to check on you. But you were asleep." Loki continued to look at her. He felt a lump in his throat. "Loki.. if there's anything, tell me okay?"

"I-I just hate to- get caught sleeping..." he muttered quietly. "Why ?" she asked further. "I don't want to talk about it." he said firm, but didn't meet her eyes. "Okay.." she said understandingly. She sat down with him. There was a silence between them. Till she broke it "if you want to talk about anything, I'll listen to you okay?" He nodded silently. "Good..- should I go again?" "I'm not in charge of that. After all, this isn't my building." "But it's your room and your presence Loki. So?" "No. stay..- please.." he said quickly when she wanted to get up.

As if by reflex, he grabbed her arm. But let go straight away. After all, he didn't want to hurt her. He was finally aware that he had a tight grip. "It's fine. I'll stay here." "Thank you.." "I plugged in your phone earlier to charge it. I accidentally saw that Peter texted you? Do you have contact with him?" Loki widened his eyes, looked briefly at the device and then back at her "um- I-" "if so, don't make any excuses. Unlike Tony, I wouldn't mind." "I-I-erm-will you tell him?" he asked tensing up. "No I won't. I think he's treating you unfair anyway. I've spoken to him. I don't know if anything will change.. but if he snaps at you again, I'll be there ok?"

Loki had a strange feeling. He felt comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time.

He nodded briefly "thank you.." he said again.

Peter POV

He finally had everything ready enough that he could at least pretend that he had finished the lecture.

Vegetables were really weird.. anyways..

He went to get something to drink and saw that May was sleeping. The cell phone was next to her. Had the anonymous actually already answered? Or maybe she had even searched his phone? No, that wasn't her style.. but what if she did?

He struggled to take the device, but he finally did. He quietly crept to the sofa and took it. He just wanted to check his messages. Ned had replied "you are really fast at replying, ned..." he whispered to himself. He read the message. "Just ignore it? Really now? Well whatever.." he continued to whisper annoyed.

No answer from the stranger.. maybe he had better things to do. Wait- who said it's a he anyway? It could just as well be a she, he thought to himself, confusing himself.

When May gave a short twitch, he quickly put the cell phone back next to her and went into his room.

Loki POV

"How long have you been writing?" Pepper asked after a period of silence. "Hm?" "You and Peter. How long have you been writing?" "Oh, not for long. We've actually only texted one or two messages each. But I've seen a few videos of him." he explained. "You found his accounts?" "Um, yes." "I think once he gets here you'll definitely get along. Maybe you'll become friends." she smiled encouragingly. "Friends.. nice idea.. but I think it's as surreal as-" "Aliens? I mean, there were just recently some in New York and actually you would be one too. So it's quite possible." she interrupted to distract him. "I wanted to say, as surreal as a step-dancing fish.." "where do you get such comparisons from?" "I'm the god of mischief. That's what it entails." "Only of mischief?" "No. Of doom, of lies, of chaos, of destruction, of traitors, of deceivers, of fire, of outcasts, of stories, as well as of evil, etc etc... As you can probably tell, almost all of these titles are bad..." he listed some of his titles. "That doesn't make you a bad person." "What?" he asked incredulous to have heard that. "I said that doesn't make you a bad person." "How would you know?" "Loki.. since you've been here you apologize for saying something more explicit or even for things that should be the most normal things in the world. You're not angry, evil or anything like that." "You're the first to see it that way... Mother always accepted these titles, but didn't understand the background..." "Would you like to explain the background to me?" Loki was silent for a moment, thinking. Would it be a good idea to tell her everything? He had only known her for about a day. Still, oddly enough, he had gained enough confidence to even consider it.

The woman waited patiently for the boy's reply. If he doesn't wants to agree to this yet, she would drop the subject for now.

After a few minutes of silence he finally said.....