Akiro is weak (Part 2)

The blond seemed to know him really well, perhaps he was a friend of his father's who had come to strengthen him... He'd always refused before, so as not to have to hurt himself too much.

- If we're the same age, don't call me kid... But what do you mean, too weak? Don't tell me you're a master?

Akiro didn't expect it. If he was a friend of his father's, he'd have to avoid training again. The blond boy sat down next to Akiro and sighed. This made the dark-haired boy jump again; he no longer had the scissors in his hands, they had magically found their way into the blond boy's hands.

- How did you do that?

- I've never met anyone as weak as you. If you'd been properly trained, you could at least have seen my moves. You're like those fucking Osaka randoms. But I heard you won once, impressive for a guy like you.

Akiro was confused by the blond boy, who seemed to know a lot about him. Since he wasn't really in a position of power anymore, he avoided overdoing it, but kept his phone in his hand just in case.

- That was in elementary school, so I don't really want to count that as a real victory...

- Interesting, you have a certain pride. But it won't change your weakness. I wonder how he'd feel knowing you wouldn't accept that old victory.

- How would he feel? You mean my father or Masa-

The blond clapped his hands to cut him off. He didn't like being cut off. Akiro swallowed, the blond looking more and more threatening to him.

- Got it? You've got to let me finish my sentences. You're nothing but a pest, only those stronger than me can cut me off, but if your father had put that in you, you'd be able to stand up to me right now and be much stronger.

Akiro understood absolutely nothing of what he was saying and remained silent, but wondered enormously about the "it". He had to bite his lip to keep from asking the blond. The blond's watch rang suddenly, making Akiro jump and bite his lip even more.

- Fuck, sorry I've got to go now. My time isn't infinite in this shitty town. But when you're stronger. Know that I'll be waiting for you in Osaka. By then I should have finished getting rid of the "Kyojin".

He rose and left, leaving Akiro alone once more. Akiro thought hard about what he said and wondered what he should do. But he mustn't forget that he had to go and see his father at the dojo as usual after a defeat.

~*~

The Dojo was as quiet as usual. With its great size, the impression that the whole world could fit inside its walls was omnipresent. Its silence was always comforting and gave off a warm feeling to its owners. But now, Akiro was feeling a little anxious. He didn't know what awaited him behind those doors; his father knew he was losing a terrifying number of times. His hands were sweaty as he opened the doors. His father stood there, hands behind his back. He showed Akiro no expression and motioned for him to sit down on a cushion in front of him. The boy obeyed and waited for what his father would say.

"You're weak," was the first thing out of the old man's mouth.

"..." Akiro felt uncomfortable but remained silent.

- Do you know why?

Once again, the boy remained silent and waited, trembling, for his father's next words. He was already expecting the worst.

- Because your body doesn't follow your soul. On top of that, you've got no self-confidence. You didn't even notice that I'd given you easier exercises to do! Fortunately, all your defeats have left you frustrated and angry, at least I hope so. I'm going to use them to bring out the true form of your soul. Starting today, I'm going to train you for three months to make you the perfect vessel.

Akiro had understood absolutely nothing. Especially the part about the soul, he didn't understand how his father was going to help him, but he couldn't refuse either. His father's request sounded a lot more different than the usual training. Maybe it was time for him to try something new and improve.

Still, he blurted out a question so as not to be too confused.

- I'll be the vessel of what?

- Of great power, the greatest power anyone can have in this universe. It's undeniable that once you've received it, you'll be one of the strongest.

- Like what the blond guy told me? By the way, do you know him, Father? He broke into my room as if nothing had happened.

- Are you talking about the Hyaruchi's son who came today? He's probably talking about the same kind of power I have. He's the one I always wanted you to become. His soul wasn't perfect, but in record time he was able to improve on that. Even with my training, you won't reach his level.

Akiro thought for a moment. He was really taking his time compared to usual, which left his father scratching his head full of white hair. He even had time to clean his round glasses. He thought his son was once again lost in thought, so he added.

- Akiro, there's no need to think so much, everything's already decided. I'll train you to become a monster. And if I succeed, you'll be the happiest. All the glory will be yours with my training.

-Akiro hesitated to speak.

- I don't only want glory... It's true that it all sounds good. But will I finally learn something that will enable me to defend myself... Something that will stop me losing?

His father was surprised to see so much thought put into the subject. He was used to his son simply apologizing for every defeat.

- Of course, everything you learn from me will help you beat the gnats that have been pestering you. But as they say, with great power comes great responsibility, and you don't want to use it just for that. Even if today's youth has become violent, you'll need to find the right balance.

- I'll only fight if I'm challenged in return... I was challenged earlier. That blond... Even if your training doesn't allow me to reach his level. I swear I'll earn enough strength and money to go to Osaka... And fight him.

His father was on the verge of tears. He hadn't expected so much from his son. It must have been reaching a thousand defeats that had woken him up. His father was so happy that he stood up.

-Let's start now. Let's not waste any more time!Akiro was astonished, even if he didn't have the right clothes, he'd listen to his father and do as he was told. It had been a long time since the youngster had been so happy with his father.