For My Dear Mother

Losing someone you love is one of the most agonizing things in the world. Especially when that person was your cheerleader.

It's with such a heavy heart, there's no other way to put it, but my mom passed away last week. It was sudden. We did not expect it. And it has been so hard to just...accept.

My mama was so sweet and caring, to everyone and anyone. She was always willing to help, she spent the majority of the last two years helping my older sister, which is proof of how caring she is. I know, she's her daughter, so why wouldn't she help her? The relationship there was strained more than you'd ever be able to believe. But at the end of the day, she was her baby and she would be damned of her daughter didn't get the help she deserved.

I am very much into paranormal, supernatural and other such genres and it's all because of my mum. She was the one who got me into it in the first place. My mum encouraged my writing when I was in school and she always asked what I was writing these days.

She is the reason I write paranormal mysteries and thrillers. She is the reason I am so avidly obsessed with witches, vampires and werewolves, and much much more.

So that is why this is my dedication to her.

I've been working on this story for a very long time, and I hope one day, when I'm able to complete it, I can plaster her name across the first page.

For my dear, sweet, caring and loving mother.