Chapter 10 - Rehearsal

It was like that very first time when Conrad taught Belly how to dance. She was this young kid who couldn't dance and he was the young gentleman who had taught her how to shag. And that memory came to Belly every time that she would dance. And now, she and Conrad were busy dancing at the rehearsal for the ball.

"Surprisingly you aren't too bad when it comes to dancing," Conrad said as Belly smiled.

"Well, I did learn to shag from you," Belly said as she saw how Jeremiah and Steven were aside.

"I know what Steven is doing here since he is Shayla's escort, but..."

"I don't know what Jeremiah is doing here. Do you want me to ask him to leave?" Conrad asked as Belly exhaled.

"It's fine," Belly said as she had continued dancing while Conrad moved his head next to hers.

"It's okay," Conrad whispered in her ear.

"Just focus on something else," he said as Belly exhaled.

"Like what?" Belly asked as Conrad thought for a moment about something.

"Remember that one summer when we went out to the carnival and I took you with me?" Conrad asked as Belly chuckled.

"You wanted to go to see one of your latest crushes, but you were too shy to go on your own, so you took me, and that was the day when you won me Junior Mint as well," Belly said as she smiled remembering the day.

"Yeah, that's it. Good job, you're distracted," Conrad said as he looked over to where he saw how Jeremiah was looking at them, but it wasn't the same look as previous.

"Are you ever really going to tell me what happened between the two of you?" Conrad asked as Belly exhaled.

"Probably not," Belly said as Conrad nodded.

"I'm sorry."

"No, don't apologize. It just shows me that it is so extreme that you feel like you can't share it. That Jeremih had violated you in some way that is so intense that you think I'm going to hurt him if I find out," Conrad said as Belly looked at him.

"Not at all. I just think that things can end completely in a disastrous way if you guys were to know about it all," Belly said.

"Belly, am I supposed to be worried about you?" Conrad asked as Belly looked at him and shook her head.

"No, Conrad, you don't have to be worried about me. I'm all good," Belly said as Steven and Shayla approached them.

"We need to talk," Steven said as Belly shook her head.

"No, we don't," Belly said as Conrad could feel the tension between brother and sister.

"Steven, get my brother out of here, please," Conrad said as Steven nodded.

"Let's deal with my sister's issues for her," Steven said.

"Dude, you gotta get out of here. You are even making your brother uneasy," Steven said as Jeremiah exhaled.

"Of course, I'll speak to Conrad after all of this then," Jeremiah said.