Sea of Stars

To be in a sea of stars. Without the dark, we would never see them. That's why the dark is good. It is welcoming for the brighter lights. 

 In a blanket of fog, covering the brim of the water. You cannot see the horizon. It is a ship graveyard. The dark makes everything black and white and unfocused. But that makes the stars in the waters more to see. Like little fireflies dancing in the ocean. I run my hand through, and the swirling stars trail behind. The water is black, the sky is gray, but the stars are extravagant and blue. Greens and whites and reds and blues. A mini galaxy in the sea. If you are lost in this fog, you will never return. So stay close to the shore. Do not let your light out. But do not be scared of the dark unknown, for it is calming and quiet. I hear the scream of a deer, and the song of a loon. The darker the night gets, the more stars appear.

I am a pirate drifting though an endless glass mirror. My arms burn with pain from rowing, but it is worth it to see the stars. We pass by the ships, anchored to the ground, a tiny light on the deck, blurred through the mist. Letting us know they are not forgotten. The smell of seaweed and salt fills the air. The cold blows through the smooth blackness. Glitter freckles below. Splash the waves, and watch it glow. To see the Sun, but the Moon I really know. I want to dive to the bottom, where I will be free. It will just be, the waves and me.

No stars in the sky, they have fallen to the sea.