𝟬𝟰 | Peculiar

words: 2118
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The words latched onto his brain as he carefully placed down each strokes in the blankness of a canvas.

'Is art subjective, or objective?'

Those very same words uttered by his teacher was something that he thought was worth noting.

If someone were to say it was subjective that in a way they would see it as something that entirely depends on the individual viewing the artwork, what gives? What makes a certain person's preference a disliked one for the other?

In a way the brain perceives information differently opposed to what some might think, it also perceives art as an information that can be digested differently per individual. One another. So you might argue that it is subjective, but one might also beg to differ.

Art can be used as means of communications, to approach feelings and perspectives in many different ways. In a way the brain could describe it creatively. In a way that humans weren't able to communicate with words. Sometimes it was made to play with muses in diverse positions, different kinds of palette. Just like a tune could be made to match the mood of certain words, art was made in a sometimes unpredictable way. For example the question 'what should I put on this piece of blank canvas?' turning into one of 'will my messages get across, or will it all be in vain?'

Yet all of those thoughts ceases once you understand that sometimes, it doesn't matter whether others liked it or not. It didn't matter that people didn't understand what you meant to portray, because maybe they just don't see it in a way that you do. In a way that you sees it as a purgative for a state of a realization. Of an understanding in the world.

And as those thoughts wash away once more, you might realize that once an art have been created, that artwork becomes one that would be a thing of its own. It becomes a separate life which is objective. It receives art criticisms. It enters into art history. It joins a genre, an oeuvre, maybe even an exhibition.

At the end of the day, his questions were left unanswered before he sighs once again..

Which was then met by a whack on the back which was perpetrated by none other than Nara Shin.

"...what was that for?" Hyeonjun says before adjusting his glasses. It almost fell down at that moment.

"I dunno."

Nara's reply made him question his own sanity for a moment before he snapped back to reality as Nara tugs him on the hem of his grey sweater.

Without a word to be said, they walked to the cafeteria. The air around them felt usual, though a bit unusual since Nara is simply much more quiet right now. Probably because she's very hungry. And of course, he knew that very well.

Whatever the answer may be, Nara's hunger is much more important right now. The question can be answered later, but the silence can definitely get unusual and frustrating, solely because the hazel haired girl is one that would usually act cheery and loud. Her silence was not one Hyeonjun is used to.

Before Nara could even run into the cafeteria, there was a very unusual situation going on in front of them. One that would left even the hungry Nara in a state of utter confusion.

"I heard you lost to that pretty boy. Zack."

It was the same guy Hyeonjun bumped into some days ago.

Vocal and Dance Department, Vin Jin and his groupies.

"You drag around these ugly characters lol." Vin remarked making the three 'ugly characters' (truth) look at him with a look of disagreement.

"I might lost to the pretty boy, but I could probably take you."