prolouge. the ruin

mdm: prologue the ruin

april 29th 2022.              ( mentions of verbal and    physical abuse, toxic relationships and gaslighting)

ALL DAY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN giving her dirty looks and whispering underneath their breath. it was clear they heard, it was clear they believed it.  Marisol was determined to keep her head held high as if nothing got to her or affected her at all. It wasn't true anyway, none of it was. He was spreading lies and false statements.

She expected something like this from him, it's just the type of person he was. Especially now, he was upset and hurt, and when Derek Parker is upset, there are no limits to his destruction. He sets on fire and anyone in the way will simply get burned. This was it, she was getting burned. Because she pissed him off and hurt him by saying the words that no other girl would dare to say.  "it's over, we're done. I'm breaking up with you". It wasn't easy, to finally end things

Mostly because it never really stuck and they ended up back together couple days later.

It was hard to leave him, for obvious reasons. but also because though she might be considered one of the hottest girls in the school, she felt that no one will ever love her like he does, did

But she couldn't be his puppet anymore, his toy to manipulate and play with. She hated the screaming and fighting, the unnecessary arguments. The pierce of jealousy he felt whenever a guy so much as looked at her. Though he was the one sleeping with half of the cheerleading team. Hooking up at parties, doing everything Marisol never did.

Marisol was suprised it took this long for the breakup to catch up with her; it happened a week ago and it's now resurfacing when normally the school would find out and Derek would get his revenge almost immediately. It's like she expected it but didn't at the same time. She didn't know she would walk into school as a villain, an abuser, manipulator.

Derek had told the whole school that throughout their relationship, including the four breaks that marisol was verbally abusive and manipulative. Called him names, and get overly angry when things didn't go her way, that she was constantly degrading him and causing emotional pain. That he wanted to leave but he wanted things to get better and he loved her. That she wasn't who she showed everyone else. Was a Monster.

In reality; part of the things he said were true, she did yell at him and call him out of his name, things like crazy, delusional, pyscho, but to defend herself from the guy who's screaming in her face destroying her emotionally for something that wasnt even her fault and was in fact his, but of course, he made her think it wasn't and that she's the reason for it all. It's true she wasn't who she initially showed everyone else, because what was inside was a hurt and drained girl. She showed everyone what they wanted to see, the popular girl and her hot boyfriend in a happy healthy intimate relationship that's been going on since freshman year. But she wasn't a monster, far from it actually. He only ever abused her verbally and emotionally most of the time, there was this one time he choked her when they were arguing, she thought he was going to kill her, that it's finally gotten to that point. When Derek realized what he just did he cried in her arms and begged her to forgive him and that he will never touch her like that again.