Part three

November 2019

2018 and 2019 were a whirlwind for the Garrix, Van Baar crew. It had been just over two years since Martijn had recruited Louis, and little did he know it would be the best decision of his life. He had gained a true friend, a brother, a platonic soulmate in Louis. And of course, wherever Louis went, his younger sister Lottie was never too far away. The pair had always been immensely close, and when Louis was offered the opportunity to travel, he worried straight away to leave her. So as soon as the 2018 tour began, Lottie was right there alongside her brother. And Martijn, an unlikely friendship blossomed between the two of them. A love hate relationship - one some may refer to as "an old married couple" - arguments over silly, irrelevant things, winding eachother up continuously, yet adoring eachother alongside. Some days, the rest of team Garrix didn't even know if they liked eachother, and other days they were hardly separate. True friendship.

It was the last day of tour for around a month today. One final show in December, and then a break until the new year. So today, was a big day. Martijn was closing Tomorrowland Winter, and the team were resting in the tour bus as they cascaded up the snowy mountain roads towards the cabin they were staying. Martin would perform 11pm until 1am, then they'd party at the cabin and stay for a further week. The whole team were rasped with positivity, even in their sleepy states.
"Psst, Martin," Lottie whispered through the almost silent bus, just the quiet music from Damian's laptop, being the only other person awake, and the rumbling of the tires on the snow.
"Hmm?" Martin tilted his head to the other side, his eyes still closed as he snuggled under a blanket nearest the window, his legs out stretched over the next seat as Lottie spoke to him through the gap in the chair from the seat behind.
"Wanna prank my brother?" Lottie smiled, somehow wide awake for a change.
Martin stayed quiet for a minute, Lottie tense wondering if he was pondering the idea, or he had fallen back asleep.
"What are you planning?" He whispered with a croak in his voice, rubbing his eyes as he turned to sleepily look to at the girl through the gap.
"Im going to hide his bags and tell him he left them behind," Lottie schemed, looking around to see her brother fast asleep with his headphones still in, his mouth slightly parted and soft snores still coming out of him. Martin chuckled slightly.
"You're evil, you know," he shook his head with a smirk, his turquoise eyes locking the hazel ones of his best friend's sister.
"It's what sisters are for," Charlotte shrugged. "Now are You in?"
Martin looked at her for a second with a sigh, before chucking his blanket to the floor.
"I'm in."

@ martingarrixtomorrowland winter, you were fucking incredible 🙏 now for a week of relaxing and snowboarding before the last show of the year ♥️ +x

@ martingarrix
tomorrowland winter, you were fucking incredible 🙏 now for a week of relaxing and snowboarding before the last show of the year ♥️ +x

Liked by louisvanbaar , charlottevanbaar, watsematter , stmpdrcrds , lauragarritsen and others have

View comments :

@ louisvanbaar
Let's goooo
@ martingarrix
🙏♥️

@ charlottevanbaar
Louis isn't the only Van Baar that takes good photos 📸
@ martingarrix
you have some uses I suppose
@ charlottevanbaar
Actually shut up

@ tomorrowland
A well earned rest, Martijn 👏🏽

*********************

@ charlottevanbaar It is really really really cold

@ charlottevanbaar
It is really really really cold

View comments :

@ louisvanbaar
Put some more clothes on then
@ charlottevanbaar
I'd literally just woken up chill
@ louisvanbaar
Yeah yeah

@ martingarrix
is that my koala bear dressing gown
@ charlottevanbaar
* was. Mine now.
@ martingarrix
don't want it back anyway you stink
@ charlottevanbaar
Perfect xx

@ mennobarkk
I'm actually really warm
@ charlottevanbaar
Are you sat infront of the fire in your duvet again?
@ mennobarkk
Maybe