A Sky Full of Stars ≫ Littlecloud x Female! Medicine Cat! Reader

Art: warriorcatdesigns

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Kissing cats

This is a request for Candie_09. Thank you!

****

It was a warm and breezy night in RiverClan, which meant it was perfect for a walk to the island. It was nights in newleaf like this when you found yourself following the stream across the marshy meadow, simply enjoying the feeling of the fading sun on your fur and the sound of the returning crickets. Tonight, however, you had other plans.

Almost exactly four full moons ago, you met the small yet able-bodied brown tabby known as Littlecloud, ShadowClan's medicine cat. You supposed it was merely a coincidence that you had met, since medicine cats tended to mingle together at gatherings. However, what you initially assumed to be a normal respect between healers deepened into something more... Intimate, and you had been sneaking underneath Leopardstar's paws ever since.

She's too busy being leader, You thought as you carefully climbed onto the fallen tree to cross the high newleaf water. I'm sure she hasn't even noticed me leaving. No cat has. You knew part of the thrill you received from meeting with Littlecloud had to do with the secrecy; there was something freeing about going behind your clanmates' backs. You smiled to yourself, the ShadowClan medicine cat's stunning blue eyes resting inside your mind. But seeing him is even better.

You stepped off the fallen tree and onto the soft grass, which had grown even softer due to the moons of hundreds of paws that crossed it. It felt a bit strange being at such a sacred and respected place while breaking the warrior code, and you glanced up at the sky where the first stars in Silverpelt were beginning to shine. Do you really care that much? Surely StarClan wouldn't shun two cats for being in love? After all, love was stronger than borders.

"Stargazing, I see." A familiar voice purred several tail-lengths ahead of you. "Mind if I join you?"

Your heart fluttered in a split moment of panic until you glanced down to see a familiar brown tabby pelt and a pair of deep blue eyes. "You scared the fur off of me!" You breathed, casting him a somewhat annoyed look. "Where did you come from?" You were both in the dead center of the island, and the closest tree was the large oak the leaders sat on, and it was at least a hundred pawsteps away. There was no place Littlecloud could've been where you couldn't see him.

"I got here way before you," He purred, his voice thick with amusement. "ShadowClan territory is on the other side of the island, remember?" You blinked. What he was saying did make sense.

"Alright, alright," You purred, touching your nose to his. "You win this time." You had both developed a habit of seeing who could get to your secret place faster, and you usually arrived first.

Littlecloud's gaze softened as he looked at you, and he let out a happy sigh. "I just couldn't wait to see you tonight, (Y/N). It feels like it's been moons since we last met." A pang of guilt wrapped itself around your heart as he spoke. It had only been a moon, but he was right—it felt longer.

"I try my best," You murmured, rubbing your cheek against his in a loving way. "You know how strict Leopardstar can be."

"I know," Littlecloud murmured understandingly as he began rasping his tongue over the back of your neck. "I just love you so much."

You fell further into his embrace. "I love you, too." You stayed like that for several heartbeats, soaking in every hair on his pelt and every soft breath he released. You felt safe with him, as if even the strongest enemy couldn't harm you. He was like a wall made of stone.

"Let's stay here tonight," You whispered, pulling back to look into his eyes. "I'll make it up to you."

Littlecloud's eyes widened slightly, and you could almost feel the surprise rippling off of him. "Won't Leopardstar question you?" He asked in a concerned tone. "I don't want you to be under any suspicion." Part of you wondered if it wasn't such a good idea, but when you looked into the ShadowClan medicine cat's stunning blue depths, every ounce of doubt melted away like snow in the sun.

"I don't care what they think," You replied, your voice a bit harsher than you had intended it to be. "I love you, Littlecloud. I need to be with you."

Littlecloud smiled at you gently, then pressed his forehead to yours. "I love you, too." You closed gently moved forward, carefully pushing your mate onto the soft ground beneath you. Once he was fully embraced by your weight, you carefully situated yourself on top of him and pressed your lips against his with the most genuine love you had ever felt. He hummed quietly, returning the passionate gesture and pressing his forepaws against your chest before laying you down beside him. You both shared a little laugh, just looking into each other's eyes.

"You're my everything," Littlecloud whispered, twining your tails together. "Thank you for choosing me."

You smiled, a small prickle of a deep emotion flaring inside your chest. "I will always choose you," You whispered, moving closer to him. "Even over all the stars in the sky." You thought back to what you had wondered earlier, and it made you feel even freer. If being with Littlecloud is wrong, I don't want to be right.

You felt Littlecloud shift slightly as he looked up at the now dark sky full of stars, and you followed his gaze. "I would choose you over them, too. I already have." You just smiled, closing your eyes and cuddling against his warm body. You would be exiled if it meant you got to stay with the tom next to you, and you saw nothing wrong with that.

****

Littlecloud didn't get a lot of attention in the books, and although I don't like him much, I still enjoyed writing about him!

Thank you for requesting, Candie_09!

Btw, I don't care that cats don't "kiss" :]