Abandoned

The streets were almost empty as always, not like they were a safe place to be anyways. There were always fights and conflicts that ended up with blood and a few victims. The only sound that could be heard it was a faint cry in an alley, it sounded more like a baby cry to be specific. There wasn't too much in that alley... Some trash cans, garbage, and some boxes.

Boxes... The cries seemed to come from one of those boxes.

A few minutes passed and the cries went lower and lower until everything went silent.

The silence suddenly broke, by the sound of footsteps, and the cries came back again, making the footsteps stop for a moment and then keep walking.

Tap... Tap... Tap... The footseps aproached the pile of boxes, and they stopped there.

"What the hell..." The figure crouched to take a closer look from where the cries came from. It was a baby child. He looked around him,checking if anyone was there, but it was just him, and this baby.

"...Damnit... What the hell do I do now... I can't bring this kid with me... But I don't wanna leave them here to die in this alley... Damn.."

The baby continued crying, until the figure, (that I guess everybody alredy knew it's Sans) picked them up. "Shhh... Calm down... I'm here kid... Don't worry... Shhh..."

"What am I even doing... I should just leave this kid here... I don't even give a fuck about them, why would I? ... Why... Would I..." All this thoughts ran through Sans's head while he tried to calm down the child until he finally made her silent.

When she finally calmed down, she looked up at him, her e/c eyes shining with curiosity towards this stranger. She smiled sweetly at him when she noticed he wasn't a threat, this making Sans's heart melt.

"Ugh... I can't just leave her here... She wouldn't even last a day here alone..."

Sans tried to smile back, hiding his worried expression, and showing his golden tooth.

This seemed to make the baby child even more curious, and she placed one of her little hands on his mouth and giggled.

This caught Sans off guard, and he giggled too, taking her hand off his face and putting his hand on her cheek, brushing some hair away from her face.

She giggled again, but this time Sans's expresion went to a more serious and worried one.

"Nah... Screw it, yer coming with me kiddo". And with that, her just started walking out of this alley with her in his arms.

He knew how dangerous this was, for her, and for himself. He knew that if any of his rivals discovered about her, they would probably hurt her without hesitation, but Sans didn't care. He already promised himseld to protect this child. To protect you.