𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❝ not trying to be indie, not trying to be cool

not trying to be indie, not trying to be cool. just trying to be in this, tell me, are you, too?

≫•✯•≪
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐

Long before the birth of light there was darkness, and from that darkness, came the Dark Elves. Millennia ago, the most ruthless of their kind, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night.

Such evil was possible through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction.

The noble armies of Asgard, King Bor Allfather, waged a mighty war against these creatures.

As the Nine worlds converged above him, Malekith could, at last, unleash the Aether...

But Asgard ripped the weapon from his grasp. Without it, the Dark Elves fell. With the battle all but lost, Malekith sacrificed his own people in a desperate attempt to lay waste to Asgard's army.

Malekith was vanquished, and the Aether was no more. Or so we were led to believe.

≫•✯•≪

The day they arrived back from Midgard, Triston remembered it well. He waited in the throne room with his grandparents, wanting to watch his Uncle get dragged away to his cell. And afterwards...he wanted to take Lidianna on a night stroll. Or a horseback ride through the forest. Maybe even a boat ride. He wanted to do something with her so they could start over. But what he didn't know was that would never happen.

Loki was brought into the Throne Room by the Einherjar, completely chained up with a light smirk plastered on his lips. A glare was already painted on Triston's face, feeling like it would permanently be there. His hatred for Loki was a completely different level than anything he's ever felt before. His glance never changed, not even when his Grandmother — Queen Frigga — walked into the room.

"Loki," Frigga softly called and Loki glanced over at her.

"Hello, Mother," he said with a light gleam in his eyes, "Have I made you proud?"

"Please," Frigga murmured, shaking her head, "Don't make this worse."

"Define worse," Loki said and Triston tightened his fists, almost growling under his breath.

"Enough!" Odin roared, and Triston, along with everyone else tensed up in their spots, "I will speak to the prisoner alone."

While Frigga and anyone else moved out of the room, Triston stayed put, refusing to leave his spot, wanting to witness his Uncle get full justice. But Loki just started laughing, only annoying his nephew more.

"I really don't see what all the fuss is about," Loki said.

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there, there is war, ruin, and death," Odin sternly lectured but Loki continued to stare cockily, "And bringing Lidianna into your crimes, turning her against her own family."