Prologue

The Prologue

In a small coastal town called Foxford, the sun-drenched beaches seemed to offer an escape from the troubles that plagued Melia's life. The waves crashed against the shore, their rhythmic sounds soothing her troubled mind. But little did she know, that summer would soon bring her into a world she was not prepared for.

Melia and her older sister Melina, along with their cousin Riley, had decided to go on holiday in the town. It's here that Melia meets a mysterious boy named Colt, who unbeknownst to her, is connected to the notorious mafia family from the town.

Though Colt seemed nice at first, it was only a matter of time before his true intentions became clear. Not long after meeting him, Melia discovers that she is pregnant with Colt's child. Afraid of what will happen if his family finds out about the baby, Colt threatens Melia, using his family's ties to the mafia to keep her quiet.

Unsure of what to do, Melia must choose whether to keep the baby and face the consequences, or let Colt go and disappear forever. What will happen when Colt's girlfriend, who is also pregnant with his child, enters the mix? Will Colt choose to stay with Melia or will he move on and never look back?

The corrupt city of Foxford home to notorious families known for their power, wealth, and dark connections. At the center of it all was Colt Cole, a rich, selfish, and arrogant bad boy who was the son of a well-known mafia boss and the grandson of the mayor. From a young age, Colt had managed to cheat on Cynthia, his baby mama, with other girls whenever he could get away with it.

He attended the prestigious Stonecold Prep school with his little cousin, Carter, where he first met Cynthia in eighth grade. Cynthia had rejected him, citing the fact that "a son of a gangster trash like him was not good enough for her", eventually her father offered her in betrothal to Colt's family in exchange for her father's debts being paid off. But Colt was determined to have her, and when her mother refused, he had them murdered. Despite this, Cynthia stayed devoted to him with nowhere to go, she had no choice and everything seemed to be going great.

That was until Colt met Melia,Carter's crush Riley's cousin. Colt and Melia ended up in bed together but her parent were against their relationship.

Melia soon found out that she was pregnant. But once again, Colt refused to take responsibility for his actions and drove Melia away, telling her he wanted nothing to do with her or her unborn child.

Little did Colt know that his mistakes would soon catch up with him. When Cynthia had an affair with Colt's brother, Nate, and all hell broke loose. Now, Colt is at a crossroads, and none of the paths look good.

Melia Pov:

I could feel the weight of the world on my shoulders as I walked through the doors of Galia Prep. The endless nights of my parents' fights replayed in my mind, haunting me with their bitter words and deafening silence. And now, my father was sick with cancer and my mother had moved on so quickly after her affair. I found myself forcing a smile, pretending all was okay when deep inside I was crumbling.

I had barely made it to school when Darelle, my boyfriend of two years, ended things right in front of my friends. He said he was done, that I wasn't his type anymore because I refused to kiss him or engage in intercourse. I had always said I wanted to save myself for marriage, and he couldn't handle that.

It was the last day of school, but I was more worried about my father's health than anything else. As I left the premises, I accidentally bumped into a teenage boy stepping out of his luxury car. He was dressed all preppy and stepped on my shoe as if nothing had happened. Great, I thought, rich people have no respect for others' property.

On the way home, I picked up my little brother from preschool. When I finally arrived home, I avoided my mother and instead called the hospital facility to check on my father's health. They informed me that his condition had worsened and he was scheduled for a surgery.

My heart sank at the news. I knew I had to be strong for my family, even though deep inside, I wanted to break down and cry. Life seemed so unfair sometimes.

Colt Pov:

I woke up with the sunlight streaming through the sheer curtains, casting a golden glow in my spacious bedroom. Stretching my arms above my head, I slowly emerged from the comfort of my luxurious bed. Another day in the life of Colt Cole, the spoiled and wealthy son of a Mafia Don and the grandson of the town Mayor.

There was never a dull moment when I was getting ready for school. I put on my private school uniform and quickly grabbed my basketball jersey for the last game of the season. As I made my way out of my bedroom, I noticed my girlfriend Cynthia lying in bed, her arse i playfully smacked it as I leaned in to kiss her goodbye.

Next was the kitchen where I found my mother sitting at the breakfast table, holding my little daughter Cathy in her arms. I kissed my daughter on the cheek before checking in with the nanny to make sure my daughter had everything she needed for the day.

As I arrived to school with Cynthia, I flirted with Layla, the older sister of a girl my cousin Carter liked. Cynthia caught us, and we had a heated argument.

The day went by Quickly and I decided to pick up this cute girl I was talking to at Gallia Prep. I was distracted getting a phone call from her and didn't notice a cute girl who had bumped into me.

Stepping on her shoe, I ignored her and kept talking on the phone. But as I drove away, I noticed she was walking with a toddler, and assumed it was her brother. I decided I'd keep my eyes on this one she had a nice peace of arse.